6. Tutankhamen
7. Nymphomaniac Fantasia
8. Know why the Nightingale Sings
9 through to 12 Lappi I, II, III, III
13. A Return to the Sea
14. Nightwish ( Demo )
15. The Forever Moments ( Demo)
16. Etiainen ( Demo)

My favourite song is the Entire Lappi songs.

I feel this is a perfect debut album by Nightwish, this band was the one that got me into the symphonic metal and just enjoy the more classical side of music a bit more.

This does have very nice tunes, Elvenpath starts softly as do some of the others, I quite like songs that start slow then build up in tempo.

The start of the Lappi ( Lapland) song caught my attention onto this album when a friend recommended this band to me initially :) the slow style that carries through the first part really was teriffic in my opinion .

I enjoy the variety in the songs too. None sound repetitive or too much the same. I think this record set the bar and laid a good foundation for the band when they made great followups in Oceanborn, Century Child.

Also like to add Tarjas voice is the best Id ever heard of a female vocalist, really love her singing. Being Finnish myself was glad I can appreciate greatness from my Finnish roots.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: Nightwish...Angels Fall First.

Excellent album! This is one of those debut albums that left me excited for the next release. I honestly haven't heard a bad Nightwish album yet even with Tarja's replacement, Anette.

My rating on this album for listening pleasure 4/5. I give it a lower rating because I don't feel the male vocals meet up with Tarja's.

My favorite track off this album, I love the Egyptian mood it creates:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Yeah Im not keen on the male vocals for most of Nightwishes songs.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Two words... HAIL + NIGHTWISH

:bow::bow::bow::bow:

Nice write up Riff Raff :grinthumb:grinthumb

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Glad you liked :) I dont write reviews with as much cleverness or specific details as well as most people.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

Regardless of if they've switched the vocalist or not, Nightwish with Tarja will ALWAYS be the Nightwish that I fell in love with. I don't dislike the new vocalist THAT much, but it's truly not the same. Spot on review though, I really like this album as well as the albums that came after it. They've got a large amount of talent, and every album they've released has been a great example of it.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I'm no Annette hater myself but I do agree...that the ultimate NIGHTWISH was the Tarja NIGHTWISH. One day...maybe it will reform. :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Very nice summary Riff,,,:cheers2

It seems we are all in agreement that Nightwish was at it's best with Tarja, but I don't think they will ever get back together seems to me she has moved on and so has the band.

Steven L

Reaction score

Hi....
I do not share that opinion.... I like more Nightwish with Anette.
I saw Nightwish in concert with Tarja 21 times..... (kind of fan...:))
And now 7 times with Anette! Tarja had her highlights in the beginning...
But somehow she was loosing her glamour. Maybe she really wanted to leave Nightwish....
Then it is time for change! Yes it was shock. But.... it turned out for me, good one.
I like the way Anette sings and how every album has gone somewhere. Like evolution. It is interesting how they sound fresh in every album....

And Dark Passion Play when played 5.1 version! It is more than most groups ever do for their music today. Sound of Amaranth 5.1 is really highlight!
For me it is the best album recorded. So much passion and things to find....

I´m waiting what they will do next time! Can they be even better? I hope. :cheers2 Steven

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Thats fair Steven, Im liking Annete more then I did first listen, but I will forever love Tarja, she is just 100% class.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online