Nightwish - Angels Fall First (1997)

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Re: Nightwish...Angels Fall First.

I just don't think Annette has that "nightwish soul" that Tarja had. It's the voice more than anything, the opera-ish voice is truly what made them different. Without that, they just sound like another regular rock band with a female vocalist.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

I just don't think Annette has that "nightwish soul" that Tarja had. It's the voice more than anything, the opera-ish voice is truly what made them different. Without that, they just sound like another regular rock band with a female vocalist.

I agree, maybe Nightwish should slightly modify their sound to suit Anette??

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

I agree, maybe Nightwish should slightly modify their sound to suit Anette??

It's not really that, because than Nightwish will lose the credibility that they were known for when Tarja was in the band. If anything, it would be awesome if they could get a female vocalist that has that opera voice like Tarja had.

I heard the Anette version of Nemo, and it was dreadful to my ears. I could hardly stand the fact that they would redo a song that was originally Tarja's song. They also redid Wishmaster and a few others.

Some people may disagree with me, but I don't think Anette has the voice for Nightwish at all. I think she's a great singer, but with what the band has been known for before Tarja left, it's not going to be the same unless they bring Tarja back, or if they find a singer that has the same vocal range.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online

No members online now.