New York Dolls (Official Thread)

rtbuck

Reaction score
^^^^^Great Video!!!^^^^

Wow! I am a NY Dolls freak as you know & I never seen that video of "Pills"! I seen the Musicladen video of "Trash" but not "Pills". It just so happens that "Pills" is my Favorite Dolls tune along w/ "Personality Crisis".

Guitarist Johnny Thunders post Dolls band the Heartbreakers did a song called "Too Much Junkie Business" (written by guitarist Walter Lure) & it's basically the same song with Different lyrics. About the last 5 years of Johnny's life he always performed a medley of "Too Much Junkie Business" & "Pills".

I've read a bunch of books & interviews on the Dolls & one story that always pops up is that in the early/mid 70's after the Dolls debut release Bo Diddley (who originally recorded Pills & wrote it)...Whoops!... I already wrote that story on my original post on this thread!

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
I really like the NYD. I always heard of them when growing up, but never really gave them a listen until after I heard Poison Idea do a cover of one of their songs.
David Johansen has a show at a family friend's place tomorrow. Should be interesting.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online