New York Dolls (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: New York Dolls

^^^

WOW!! This makes album number three since they've been back together....making up for lost time. Can't wait for this...thanks bucky!!

:grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Stranded In The Jungle ~ (Studio Version) from In Too Much Too Soon

1zd4txc.jpg

rtbuck

Reaction score

^^^^^ Cool photo MP!

Stranded in the Jungle was actually the song by them that hooked me in! I seen David Jo open for Pat Benatar around 80/81 & as great as Benatar was I thought Johansen was better (& I had no idea who he was! The only song by him I knew was Here Comes the Night which I recently heard a couple of times on the radio). I never heard "Stranded in the Jungle" before that show & it was great because he came out waving a spear singing the song with the jungle beat & then once the Bop Shoo Bops kicked in I was blown away! I had never heard anything like it. I looked at all 3 of his solo records the following day in a record store & couldn't find the song. Soon after I realized he sang in the NY Dolls so I picked up their albums & I've been a Dolls freak since buying anything I could find imports, bootlegs, solo material from each of the band members

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

^^^^^ Cool photo MP!

Stranded in the Jungle was actually the song by them that hooked me in! I seen David Jo open for Pat Benatar around 80/81 & as great as Benatar was I thought Johansen was better (& I had no idea who he was! The only song by him I knew was Here Comes the Night which I recently heard a couple of times on the radio). I never heard "Stranded in the Jungle" before that show & it was great because he came out waving a spear singing the song with the jungle beat & then once the Bop Shoo Bops kicked in I was blown away! I had never heard anything like it. I looked at all 3 of his solo records the following day in a record store & couldn't find the song. Soon after I realized he sang in the NY Dolls so I picked up their albums & I've been a Dolls freak since buying anything I could find imports, bootlegs, solo material from each of the band members

:grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Subway Train

New.York.Dolls-band-1973.jpg

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka