New Releases For 2006

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
Well, it's the new year and lots of new music scheduled to be released this year. What are you looking forward to? Here are a few of mine:

Flaming Lips - At War With The Mystics
Cat Power - The Greatest
Belle & Sebastian - The Life Pursuit
Tortoise & Bonnie Prince Billy - The Brave & the Bold
The Minus 5 - The Gun Album
Mogwai - Mr. Beast
Secret Machines - Ten Silver Drops
Isobell Campbel and Mark Lanegan - Battle of the Open Seas
Warren Zevon - Reconsider Me: The Love Songs of Warren Zevon
Queens of the Stone Age - Burn The Witch

H

halcyon days

Warren Zevon - Reconsider Me: The Love Songs of Warren Zevon i still thik it is so sad he is gone he was one of a kind

eccentric man

Reaction score
Music Wench said:
Tortoise & Bonnie Prince Billy - The Brave & the Bold
Queens of the Stone Age - Burn The Witch

new tortoise is always cool. i remember hearing they did the music for Buck 65's last album, never heard it though. for those that don't know he's a hip hop guy from eastern canada, kind of almost reminiscent of the beastie boys, with a bit of twang.

what's the deal with that QOTSA album though? burn the witch is the name of the last single they released. don't get me wrong i'd love to get a new album from them in 2006 hehehe.

energydude

Banned
Reaction score
hey eccentric man i like tortoise too...yea it should be cool to hear...and a buddy of mine has last years "This Right Here Is Buck 65" and it is dope...i had too download that badboy....

anyways nice to meet you eccentric man

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
eccentric man said:
what's the deal with that QOTSA album though? burn the witch is the name of the last single they released. don't get me wrong i'd love to get a new album from them in 2006 hehehe.
I thought that too. It's the only one I got from someone else's list on another forum. I asked him about it. He said it was going to be a live album so I pretty much took his word for it.

eccentric man

Reaction score
ahh the live album/dvd just came out a little while back. i got it from a friend for christmas, i actually got him the same thing haha. it's actually called 'over the years and through the woods'. it's pretty good, the live set is decent, not so fond of his voice though he seems to try to put too much vocalization(?) or something. i haven't checked out the dvd yet

thanks for the recommendation enegrydude i'll definitely get on the hunt for a copy of that disc. i also have to say, seeing tortoise live is freaking awesome hehehe

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
eccentric man said:
ahh the live album/dvd just came out a little while back. i got it from a friend for christmas, i actually got him the same thing haha. it's actually called 'over the years and through the woods'. it's pretty good, the live set is decent, not so fond of his voice though he seems to try to put too much vocalization(?) or something. i haven't checked out the dvd yet.
Thanks for the clarification. I was wondering why I couldn't find it on any of the lists of new releases I've been combing through for the upcoming year.

Definitely want to check out both the cd and dvd.

shredderkid25

Reaction score
Taking Back Sunday - Louder Now
Brand New - Fight Off You Demons
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium
Guns N Roses - Chinese Democracy
Built To Spill - You In Reverse

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Tom Petty - Highway Companion
The Primatives - Primitive Spirit

BILLKILL

Banned
Reaction score
shredderkid25 said:
Taking Back Sunday - Louder Now
Brand New - Fight Off You Demons
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium
Guns N Roses - Chinese Democracy
Built To Spill - You In Reverse

Some good stuff on that list. I can't wait.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online