New Releases For 2006

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
I think they've been saying Chinese Democracy is going to be out for years now. I haven't seen it on any official lists for this year yet either.

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
The following is courtesy of my music guru for those who are interested. :)

About the upcoming April 11th release of The Beatles Capitol Records Vol. 2.

Capitol Records issued the following statement regarding the manufacturing of "The Beatles: The Capitol Albums Vol. 2," specifically in reference to the stereo to mono mixdowns for two of the albums, "Beatles VI" and "Rubber Soul":

Some of the mono tracks from the initial manufacturing run of "The Beatles: The Capitol Albums Vol. 2" were not the original mono masters that were intended to be included on this historic re-release. The third party mastering facility incorrectly sent step down masters instead of the mono masters ordered by the label to the manufacturing plant. As soon as Capitol Records became aware of this, the correct masters were sent and the adjustment was made in another manufacturing run. Although there is no discernible difference in the sound quality in the initial run, Capitol made the adjustment for historical accuracy. Information for any consumers who wish to obtain a replacement copy (with proof of purchase) will be issued shortly.

This only effects affects Beatles VI and Rubber Soul, since the American mono Capitol Early Beatles and Help! are fold-downs anyway.

This was released on April 3 elsewhere in the world but April 11 for those of us here in the U.S.

P.S.

If someone wants to figure out if their copy of The Capitol Albums Vol 2 is fake mono, listen closely to the mono "I'm Looking Through You" from the Rubber Soul album. If it has the false start it's a fold down mono mix and is a fake. Also on Beatles VI....if the stereo and mono versions of "Kansas City" and "Words of Love" are the same length then this is the "fake" mono.

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online