New Release Corner

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Let's do One album at a time please...makes it more fun.;)

Okay promised Sweaty I would post one so here it is.

This is the 4th copy of "They Only Come Out At Night" I've owned...well will shortly. I pre-ordered this record over a week ago, and today is it's release date. By far and away Edgar Winter Group's finest hour not a duffer on this album.

This is a Real Remaster done by Friday Music using the original mastertapes, and assures you of the best quality recording as a result.

No CD has Ever Come Close to the old vinyl pressing...they managed to lose the entire depth of the drum kit which is what you notice right away if you listened to the CD and then the record.

I am so excited to finally see this treasure getting properly restored, cost me $30.00 + shipping but it's worth it.

I'll post a proper picture when I get my copy next week, this is the original Epic record edition I used to own.

2w1wnqe.jpg

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
That sounds good LG, I love that album, there are various CD versions available right up to 2011. If I still had a record player I would be buying that vinyl edition for sure:)

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
March 26th is the new Madonna album, which should be fun, called 'MDNA'

There's one track I see call 'I F*cked Up' and others called 'Gang Bang' and 'I'm a Sinner' and there's also a 'Laugh My F*cking Arse Off' remix on one of the other tracks...so let's assume she still isn't ready for recording the album of duets with Cliff Richard. :uh:

517Cxou8zML._SS500_.jpg

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
:oyea: I was just thinking the other day of asking you if you has planned on picking up MDNA, TS. Sadly I'd say for about the last ten years or so each Madge album has been more of a chore for me to bring myself to buy and a supportive effort rather than a real joy. I don't think my dreams of her hanging up her hooker clothes and becoming a little more grounded and age appropriate like she was on albums like Bedtime Stories and Ray of Light will ever come to pass at this point. Of course I'll give it a fair shot anyway. :uh:

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
I've liked all her albums ILJP, to some degree or other, though I prefer her as a live act and a performer as opposed to a recording artist. I'm not planning on seeing her on the forthcoming tour, as the only dates I could maybe have made (couple in Washington DC in late September, or maybe the Yankee Stadium shows in NY just before this) would mean a special trip, and there's only probably 2 or 3 artists alive that I would consider crossing an entire ocean just to see them, and as great as she is live, she isn't one of them.

Syd

Reaction score
There are some very awesome albums I'm expecting this year. One of them is "Port Of Morrow" by The Shins. A very cool band for all those who love indie music. It's going to be released on Monday March 19th I think. It's already available on streaming on the band's official website for those interested. I'm going to check it out right now.

The-Shins-Port-Of-Morrow-450x449.jpg

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Awesome Syd! I am really looking forward to Port of Morrow, have since I saw it as an upcoming release on iTunes. I was just listening to Wincing the Night Away the other day, and I like Chutes too Narrow too. I'm not too sure if many on here would like the Shins though. They're a bit too soft and spacey/pop-influenced for people here but who knows? :)

Syd

Reaction score
Awesome Syd! I am really looking forward to Port of Morrow, have since I saw it as an upcoming release on iTunes. I was just listening to Wincing the Night Away the other day, and I like Chutes too Narrow too. I'm not too sure if many on here would like the Shins though. They're a bit too soft and spacey/pop-influenced for people here but who knows? :)
Yeaaah! I started listening to them only a few weeks ago and liked them a lot. I thought I would be the only one here who would listen to them, but as soon as I posted this I saw your comments on the Arctic Monkeys thread and noticed that I wasn't alone jaja.

So far my favourite has been Oh, Inverted World. I like it so much, and the new album is pretty good too. It's at least on the same level of quality as the rest :D

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Re: The new toy dolls album + video out today!! (19/03/2012)

The Toy Dolls have released their brand new album 'The Album After The Last One' today!!! :pullhair:

Along with this release is their new video for the awesome 'Decca's Drinking Dilema' found here-
THE TOY DOLLS - DECCA'S DRINKIN DILEMMA - YouTube

It has been 8 years since their last acclaimed release 'Our Last Album?'.
The new album is to be their 12th studio release and features the band's own brand of comic punk rock that has generated them a dedicated fan-base across the world.
Centred around frontman Olga, he has never fallen short of providing the guitar-widdling madness that graces each record, as well as his own lyrical input into current topics clearly exemplified with their Christmas single release 'Credit Crunch Christmas'.
The new album features 13 of the band's latest cuts including alliterated highlights such as 'Dirty Doreen', 'Sciatica Sucks' and ‘Kevin's Cotton Wool Kids’.
Formed in Sunderland, 1979, the Toy Dolls achieved recognition with their first album 'Dig That Groove Baby' in 1983 the band went on to find chart success with their 1984 cover of 'Nellie the Elephant'.
Expect to see the band on their upcoming 2012-2013 tour 'The Tour After The Last One' to witness the bands onstage antics including choreographed dancing, spinning guitars and general punk folly!!

Find it through their record label Secret Records Limited or download it through iTunes!!

Real punk never dies!!!
:cheers2

What a great band, I have copies of all their albums, I remember "James Bond Lives Down Our Street" classic.

I will be looking out for a copy of this for sure, thanks for posting:)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nowiknowitsJAG

Members online

No members online now.