New Heart boxset

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
ultimateclassicrock.com

Showgoers at recent Heart concerts have been privy to the first details about ‘Strange Euphoria,’ the forthcoming box set from the group which is set for release on June 5, just in time for the band’s summer touring season.

A flyer handed out after the Heart show in New Kirk, Okla. reveals that the box set will contain 50 tracks featuring a mixture of previously unreleased demos and rarities (including hopefully, the long-desired original versions of the ‘Magazine’ album tracks), live tracks and of course, their “chart-topping hits.”

The four disc set will also include a DVD of the rare 1976 television performance, plus new track-by-track commentary from Ann and Nancy Wilson.

Ann and Nancy announced the release date themselves during an on-stage interview at South by Southwest, and also revealed that their new studio album ‘Fanatic’ will be out on October 2, which will be in the same time period that their memoir will be released.

Longtime Heart associate and collaborator Sue Ennis is clearly, enthused about the box set and shared with fans, “Believe me, it IS too cool! So many unearthed rarities. A goldmine for Heartmongers who really know this band.”

Ennis previously tweeted about the set and said that she was “excited that fans will soon hear some favorite songs that never found a home on the major label records.”

Heart’s summer tour schedule kicks off officially on June 29 in St. Paul, Minn. and will roll through September with additional dates likely in conjunction with the new album.

heartduo.jpg

TheWhalerfan

Lovus My Avatarus
Reaction score
Meh, I am sure they will get my $$. The DVD is interesting for anyone who hasn't already scored it from the 'net..and let's face it, getting the proper copy sure beats sending a payment to an online guy named Jimmy. Yes, just Jimmy. Send the cash, hope for the best. :wtf:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
This looks really cool! The good box sets...with un released stuff and DVD's and all that!

OK...enough of me actin' like a 12 year old. How much is this gonna cost??

:heheh:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
:hm:....I think I'll pass on this latest boxset.

I have already ordered an audiophile vinyl copy of "Dreamboat Annie" and will get "Little Queen" in April as well. I have most of Heart's CD's, but their early albums are simply Glorious on Vinyl.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I dunno, 50 new tracks?? The DVD looks good though right? Vintage Heart live?? 76? I'm just worried about the price tag. :peek

TheWhalerfan

Lovus My Avatarus
Reaction score
The video will be the one floating around You Tube that was at the KWSU TV station. It was well filmed in front of a small audience and has an interesting raw feel to it, as the band was just starting to become well known. Clips of it are all over the internet...like this one.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
^^^ Yeah! That's good stuff. If the price is right, this looks like a "worth it" box set to me.

rtbuck

Reaction score
I dunno, 50 new tracks?? The DVD looks good though right? Vintage Heart live?? 76? I'm just worried about the price tag. :peek

The price tag is what worries me also. I'm a fan of Heart but not a freak over the band. I still wouldn't mind getting the boxset for the DVD & also I'm curious on the track listing because the one thing I love about Heart is their covers of songs live (so I'm hoping to see a couple on the boxset). On their double Greatest Hits album that came out in the early 80's, I loved their cover of Zep's "Rock & Roll" & the little medley of the Beatles "I'm Down" mixed w/ Little Richard's "Long Tall Sally". On their 'Dreamboat Annie Live' they covered "Goodbye Blue Sky", "Black Dog", "Misty Mountain Hop", & "Love Reign O'er Me". I just think their covers are fun to listen to & it's cool to hear them pay tribute to their influences

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I didn't realize they had that many covers on "Dreamboat...live" Bucky...:think:

But they did make their bones as a Led Zeppelin cover band back in the early 70's and were damned good at it too.

I will wait for one of you to pick this up and review/rate it before considering buying it.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Members online