New Asia single, Face on the Bridge

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I liked "A", definitely took a few listens to get into it and it will never rank with my fave JT records but it's still good.(Always considered it more of an Ian Anderson solo album than a JT release.)

Yes UK was fabulous, and Tull let them use the full PA/Lights as well it's too bad they didn't hold together and release a few more albums.

Payne's got some talented musicians in his band no denying that, but for Asia I'll stick with the original...well the reformed original band that is.:D

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
UK reformed, but the new Asia material seems to undermine the prospect of any more albums. Following the Danger Money masterpiece, John Wetton and Eddie Jobson disagreed on the the future direction of UK; whether it should be lengthy instrumental workouts or shorter song-based tracks. Wetton seems to have what he wants with Asia, as they are far from experimental. This is an absolute tragedy as, for me, Danger Money ranks with all the progressive rock greats, such as In Court of the Crimson King, Close to the Edge, Fragile, Brain Salad Surgery, et al.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^In other words the typical "creative differences" came between them.

Glad they are reformed but too bad they are not planning to release new material.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Is it thirty years already? I remember The Who's It's Hard album being released at around the same time and Roger Daltrey saying his son was 18 or 19. He would be nearly 50 now!

Fever

Reaction score
Yeah I was a senior high school when Asia's debut album came out

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Members online