That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
blabbermouth.net

Wednesday, August 31st 2011 00:00

Producer reveals that the record will not be with us until the spring

In a brand new online posting, producer Jack Douglas stated about Aerosmith's new CD, "The new album should be out around May 2012. I know that's a long wait, but after the South American tour and Japan in October, November and December, we will just get back to work on it in mid-January."

He added, "For those who are asking, this album will be raw, nasty, tough rock with a good deal of the old Aerosmith'tongue in cheek.'"

Jack Douglas was at the helm for the band's best of the band's 70s output - Get Your Wings, Toys in the Attic and Rocks - and he's often referred to as the "sixth member" of the band.

The album will be the Aerosmith's first full album of new material since 2001's Just Push Play, and their follow up to 2004's Honkin On Bobo.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Can't wait to see what they do.

Will be a nice way to usher in next spring :grinthumb

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not getting my hopes up too high.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
As will I, if it is said to be a tough raw sound then I am tempted :tongue:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Jack Douglas, producer for Aerosmith, has predicted a release date for the new album to be May 2012. This coincides with the ending of season 11 of American idol, so the date makes sense.

I am really looking forward to this album since it is the final album of their record contract. Aerosmith can go out with a bang...hopefully !!

Small snippet of Joe Perry working on some drum tracks for the new album

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I think this album has a better chance of happen than say....the new Van Halen album but with the wait being all the way until spring? Well a lot of drama can happen over 9 months. As with Van Halen's album I'll just stick to a "I'll believe it when I hold it in my hands" attitude.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Aerosmith basically has to wait until spring, Cosmic. They have this huge winter tour in Japan and of course Tyler has to wrap up his gig with American Idol.

Speaking of which, Aerosmith is suppose to make a splashing performance towards the end of this American Idol season on that show. From what I gather they will perform some new material on the show.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I understand that they have to wait in order to finish it up but at the same time with the amount of drama then transpired last year with Aerosmith having to wait like that makes me a tad nervous about the album.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online