• Pearl Jam's Ten album

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • Nirvana's Nevermind album

Votes: 10 43.5%

• Total voters

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
Think I've played Nevermind one and a half times. Does not do a lot with me.

Ten, on the other hand, is a fantastic album.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Can't stand either band and would never play either one of these albums on purpose. Smells Like Teen Spirit is the only semi-decent song on Nevermind, the rest of it (to me) is utter garbage.

Ten on the other hand has some good music. Pearl Jam were 50x the musicians that Nirvana was. My biggest issue with Pearl Jam, not just on Ten but over their entire career is Vedder's voice. The voice itself is irritating enough, but his vocal delivery makes it SOOOO much worse. Dude sings like he has half a dog turd in his mouth.

Freeeeezan, mumble mumble mumble mumble mmmmumbbble .. made of concrete
Feelin' mumble mumble mumble mumble set a days

Ted really hit the nail on the head here, you can sing just about anything popular from the 90's by just singing vowels

Anyway, my vote goes to Pearl Jam's Ten.

Nevermind isn't complete trash though.
It does have it's uses:

5agj00.jpg
2gvorgk.jpg

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
Lynch,

That video from Ted is funny. I'll admit that, even though I'm a huge 90s music fan. But something that is clear from your comments on Pearl Jam is that you likely haven't explored their music beyond the grungy first couple of albums. Go to youtube and listen to Pearl Jam's "In Hiding" from the album Yield. Or stuff like "Amongst The Waves" and "Unthought Known" from Backspacer. All three that I have mentioned are gorgeous, beautifully sung songs where Vedder enunciates properly and doesn't do that thing he used to do in the early 90s.

But if you still hate them I'll just chalk it up to you being bitter that grunge music killed your favourite 80s hair metal. :D

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lynch,

That video from Ted is funny. I'll admit that, even though I'm a huge 90s music fan. But something that is clear from your comments on Pearl Jam is that you likely haven't explored their music beyond the grungy first couple of albums. Go to youtube and listen to Pearl Jam's "In Hiding" from the album Yield. Or stuff like "Amongst The Waves" and "Unthought Known" from Backspacer. All three that I have mentioned are gorgeous, beautifully sung songs where Vedder enunciates properly and doesn't do that thing he used to do in the early 90s.

But if you still hate them I'll just chalk it up to you being bitter that grunge music killed your favourite 80s hair metal. :D

Orrrrrrrr that people have a completely different opinion perhaps. First bit in bold is subjective, to you they are which is good but I personally can't stand Pearl Jam and its not to do with killing some 80s band, its just that I don't like anything about their music. lol Much like those who hate Nirvana.

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
Orrrrrrrr that people have a completely different opinion perhaps. First bit in bold is subjective, to you they are which is good but I personally can't stand Pearl Jam and its not to do with killing some 80s band, its just that I don't like anything about their music. lol

I wasn't talking to you at all. The last line was frankly just a joke/dig at Lynch openly loving 80s metal quite a bit. If you or Lynch don't care to listen to the songs I suggested, it doesn't affect me one bit. To each their own.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Fair enough but the reason I won't listen to the songs linked is simply because I dislike the band. lol Nor should it affect you because in the end its all down to personal taste. If people like them more power to them.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Lynch,

First off, grunge didn't kill "hair metal". The genre and style ran it's course. I wish it went on longer as I'm a big fan of much of it, but times change. "Hair Metal" lasted longer than some would ever admit to and it still ticks off a number of curmudgeons, which is fine by me. :D

Second, I own every PJ album up through Binaural for sure, I don't think I ever got Riot Act, but can't say for sure anymore. As a DJ for 20+ years, I HAD to buy shit I didn't like. Pearl Jam was among that shit. Most of it was never played more than a few times and only a song or two on each album after Vs. Even Vitalogy got very little playing time when I was working, mostly because it was very rarely requested.

Third, I have been pretty clear as to why I don't like the band, but I'll say it again, it's Vedder's craptastic vocals. The guy CAN sing, I've heard him do it, specifically on cover tracks, but when he does PJ stuff, his phrasing comes off like he has shit in his mouth. When he actually does enunciate his words, he still sounds like a whiny biatch. The band has talent, it's the singer that sucks.... unlike Nirvana where the singer AND the band sucked.

I figured you were just playing with the shot about my beloved 80's rock. That's fine. I don't take any of that stuff seriously

To anyone that likes either/both bands, woot for you. I love stuff that a lot of people hate and it's not skin off of my teeth, so ... all in the name of "your band sucks and mine doesn't" playful ribbing (although I'm no where near as polite as you ;) ) ... well, your bands suck and mine don't.

:bonk: :heheh:

I will give PJ a LOT of credit for at least attempting to stick it to the man a number of years ago when they did a bunch of live shows for free, in protest of the ridiculously bullshit fees, surcharges and the like that Ticketmaster charges for tickets in America. I don't know if you know who this company is, but they are what SHOULD be an illegal monopoly in the entertainment event ticket business (sports, music, and other various shows). As far as I know, PJ's attempts to get things changed fell on deaf ears and this monopoly just continued to roll on through to present day.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online