NEARfest 2012 -Apocalypse

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
Final NEARfest this weekend. I've been going since 2001 (except canceled last year show). Sad to see the festival go but they are going out with a bang!

lineup_apoc.png

Friday nite opener-
Aranis
"Aranis is a world-class acoustic chamber rock ensemble led by upright bassist and composer Joris Vanvickenroye. Featuring interlocked bass, violin, flute, accordion, and piano lines, Aranis' evocative music stirs the mind and spirit alike. They have toured extensively throughout Europe, including notable appearances at the renowned Gouveia Art Rock and RIO Festivals. Their latest album Roqueforte (AltRock) expands their musical palette through the addition of drummer extraordinaire Dave Kerman, who will be joining Aranis for their NEARfest set. NEARfest will represent the USA debut for Aranis."

Aranis-Jona

I think Aranis is a great opener. Rockin Chamber Music to start the event. The addition of Dave Kerman (present - ) should be interesting and make it more dark.

Kerman- dark

Friday closes with the legendary

"Van Der Graaf Generator has been an iconic musical and lyrical force since its inception in the late 1960s. Since their reunion in 2005 and reconstitution as a trio soon thereafter, Peter Hammill, Guy Evans, and Hugh Banton have produced vital, engaging, and visceral new music that has magnified the band's influential oeuvre. They have toured worldwide for the past six years, including their first USA appearance in 33 years, at NEARfest in 2009. On the strength of their stunning new release A Grounding in Numbers, Van der Graaf Generator will once again storm North America with a vengeance."

Van Der Graaf Generator

Saw them at 2009's NEARfest and Peter Hammill solo twice. I've been a big fan of VDGG the past few year look forward to another great set.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online