mystery song

dubwub

Reaction score
Hi all
Ive just joined up in the hope that you might be able to help me identify a song thats been bugging me for years.
I have an old video of my fathers motor racing days from around 1982. Part of the video is a UK TV feature that used 2 songs, the first is a catchy song that uses panpipes of sorts, which id like to get a decent copy of, but is not half as mysterious as the second song.
Only parts of the song can be heared as it fades in and out with the narration. Its an upbeat music track about motor racing that I have never heared anywhere else which is suprising because I really like it, the guitar riffs are great! I would love to get a better copy of it and im hoping you lot might be able to help me. Ive tried searching it using the lyrics on many sites but nothing has turned up so far.

It starts with

''They say that you need nerves of steel,
my baby ----------(fades)------------ Ill do it, anyway
And so I took my racing car to the place where all the races are
I really knew, i could far, with it.''

''The race is back, and im off to monte carlo
im ----(cant hear what hes saying)------ of the track''

-----long section if just music, with guitars simulating the sounds of cars racing past-------

''the race is back, and im off to monte carlo
im ---------------- of the track
the race is back, and im off to monte carlo
im--------------- of the track

fades

silverstone, monaco-------------

im -------------- of the traaaaaaack!

Its a shame its not complete but i hope the lyrics that are there might lead someone to guess it. Ill try and work out a way of getting a snippet of the sound on here over the weekend. As said its been bugging me for about 30 years so its would mean alot to solve it, didnt quite know where to ask but id class it as classic rock-ish so i guess this will be the best place to try.:)

dubwub

Reaction score
well ive tried to get a decent recording of the sound but it seems i'll need to try something else, my laptop mike is rubbish. Now im going to see if i can connect my laptop to the ps3 or tv and do it more directly. Anyone got any ideas?

dubwub

Reaction score
Right, I hope this works, never tried to get audio or video online before, and after faffing around trying to run the audio via leads into my pc, i opted for the 'switch camera on and just record the section' option, so the quality isnt great, but youll be able to tell what it is, if you know what it is. The two sections ar the only parts of the track i can get without commentry over the top of it, I really want to get myself a nice clean version of it on CD, cant imagin it will be that difficult would it?

https://youtu.be/M9_JP66dPx8

https://youtu.be/qlGoCU72_rY

Tested and working:grinthumb

dubwub

Reaction score
Thats great thanks for that!
I actualy worked out what one of the missing words were after listening to it on headphones for the first time, it turned out to be 'jet spotter'. Its obvios now but i just couldnt work out what he was saying, jet spotter is pretty random. I searchhed it and the song came up. I bought his album 'Deep and meaningless' and received it this morning. Not usualy my sort of music, but I really like it! I cant listen to Racing Cars while im driving tho, it makes me drive like a tit.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online