My first music video

Kirk

Reaction score
Hi, people!

I'm from Russia )
This is my first music video, which was recorded on a phone camera.
I hope you will like the song and share my feelings of deja vu.

Please check and say what do you think :wank:

Thank you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSgjYuQ5Ir4

crjames

Reaction score
Hey Kirk: Checked out your vid. Congrats. You were able to complete that first one!
I have that challenge sometime later this new year. Pretty sure i will do it on my own then hire someone.
The whole video process will be another learning thing as well as everything else with songwriting and playing.
Keep it up!

Kirk

Reaction score
Hey Kirk: Checked out your vid. Congrats. You were able to complete that first one!
I have that challenge sometime later this new year. Pretty sure i will do it on my own then hire someone.
The whole video process will be another learning thing as well as everything else with songwriting and playing.
Keep it up!

Thanks for you reply! Good luck with your video :)

Kirk

Reaction score
My first song composed and recorded in London.
Inspired by the city, studying and new friends.

Last edited:

Schmetterling

Reaction score
Hey Kirk.

Not bad my friend, not too bad at all, at least as far as the first two vids are concerned. I liked them both. Some nice guitar sounds there and some good compositional ideas. There are some timing issues with the third one so maybe a little bit of work is required there to fix that. You're guitar playing is good enough and better than some of the rubbish I've heard out there and your ideas are quite good too so keep it up dude. I would work on maybe getting a bit more of a convincing drum and bass sound in your recordings to make them sound a bit more real but I guess that's just a production issue and should come with practice.

Cheers matey... :)

Kirk

Reaction score
Hey Kirk.

Not bad my friend, not too bad at all, at least as far as the first two vids are concerned. I liked them both. Some nice guitar sounds there and some good compositional ideas. There are some timing issues with the third one so maybe a little bit of work is required there to fix that. You're guitar playing is good enough and better than some of the rubbish I've heard out there and your ideas are quite good too so keep it up dude. I would work on maybe getting a bit more of a convincing drum and bass sound in your recordings to make them sound a bit more real but I guess that's just a production issue and should come with practice.

Cheers matey... :)

Schmetterling, thank you for the feedback! Appreciate it very much!
Please advise, which video you mentioned as third, a cover on SRV or original A Ray of Light?

Schmetterling

Reaction score
Schmetterling, thank you for the feedback! Appreciate it very much!
Please advise, which video you mentioned as third, a cover on SRV or original A Ray of Light?

"A Ray of Light" It's the drums : they're not right.

Kirk

Reaction score
"A Ray of Light" It's the drums : they're not right.

It may sound strange, but that effect I was searching for. Standard 4/4 midi loops sound too boring and I tried to make percussion more "messy".
May be for somebody's ear it is too much, but I still like it )
Please also check my song from initial post

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online