My Album Review Thread

Canadian Air Force

Reaction score
Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (2010)
kanye-west-my-beautiful-dark-twisted-fantasy-third-cover-thumb-580x580-254190.jpeg

Kanye West has issues, there is no denying that. But behind the arrogance and drama is a man with a knack for creating great tunes and beats. The College Dropout (2004), Late Registration (2005), and Graduation (2007), all great albums. He took a bit of a misstep with 808s & Heartbreak (2008), but with this recent album, Kanye is back. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is similar to 808s & Heartbreak, lots of electronics and longer drawn out songs, but it also has some classic rock thrown into the beats too, like Power sampling King Crimson's "21st Century Schizoid Man". Not to mention the album feels more focused and driven compared to 808s.

This is the Kanye I know and love, great production values, slick/polished beats.

Favorite Tunes: Power, Gorgeous, Dark Fantasy, Runaway

My Verdict: 4.4/5

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I'll have this album in my hands very soon CAF! I'm a big Kanye fan from the first c.d. on but the difference between you and I is I loved 808's and I thought that it was his masterpiece. I loved the minimal beats and I thought it was a brilliant modern soul classic. The fact that you said it still has elements of 808's style makes me happy! :grinthumb

Canadian Air Force

Reaction score
I'll have this album in my hands very soon CAF! I'm a big Kanye fan from the first c.d. on but the difference between you and I is I loved 808's and I thought that it was his masterpiece. I loved the minimal beats and I thought it was a brilliant modern soul classic. The fact that you said it still has elements of 808's style makes me happy! :grinthumb

I liked some of the songs I would probably give it a 3.5/5.

Robocop is a masterpiece.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online