Music Genre Debate!

Settle a debate, is the song Pop-Rock or Classic Rock?

• Total voters

Lady

Reaction score
If this song came out in the 80's I would classify it as "Soft Rock"...nowadays tagging an artist is a very complicated business.

However...if I listen to Michelle's song and compare it to a lot of the present day Pop-Rock artists, then I would agree with you Lady, more of a singer songwriter "Classic Rock" feel, that's my opinion anyway.

We have forums for this kind of thread, song vs song, album vs album or your thread.

I have added a Poll for you Lady.;)

Thanx for the poll LG! :D
I just can't classify it under Pop-Rock, because Pink, for example, is under that genre (right?..), and I can't see the connection between the two.

By the poll's answers it seems like most ppl here hate Music genres' debates anyway :oyea:

Lady

Reaction score
"Classic Rock" isn't really a genre, it's an umbrella term for rock music that came out during a certain time-period.

If it was released recently, then it cannot, by definition, be "classic rock," but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's pop rock.

Wait.. are you telling me no new song can be under the Classic Rock umbrella?.. :omg:

I wish I knew more on the subject, but I don't, so I can't even argue! :wa

Mr. T

Reaction score
Don't Cry Lady LOL

IMO Classic Rock is a sound, a feel, not a time. But then then again what would I know... I only been collecting music for nearly 50 years. :heheh:

Rock Candy

Rock 'n' Roll Doctor
Reaction score
"Classic Rock" isn't really a genre, it's an umbrella term for rock music that came out during a certain time-period.

This, pretty much (In my eyes, anyway). I have to admit that I've never cared too much for the term "classic rock", to quote the great John Sloman, "It has the whiff of the old-folks home about it".

Last edited:

Death on Credit

Reaction score
I don't really like "Classic Rock" either. I've always been a much bigger fan of the term "Rock 'N Roll," which I'll generally use to encompass anything from Charley Patton to the White Stripes.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online

No members online now.