Music at the Academy Awards 2013

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
I'm sooooooo glad I missed that :D The whole thing is a bit nauseating for me. I can't stand those awards things.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I am a huge movie buff, so I find them a bit interesting, but I put absolutely ZERO stock in what is considered the best by the bozos running the show, the critics, or the general premise behind these types of shows. I only pay attention simply because it is entertainment news, not much more.

Julie

Reaction score
I don't think I have ever seen Charlize Theron in anything, but I undertand she is not averse to posing nude. To me, Adele is one of a number of British singers who made a career of stuttery phrasing, in the absence of Amy Winehouse (who was genuinely gifted, but a crack addict who kept bad company). Skyfall sounds as if it was knocked off in ten minutes during a coffee break.

Maybe you've see her in "monster"but she's seriously veryyy irrecognizable there. Also in Astronauts wife. And that movie where she works in mining and gets harrassed.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
I read that an Academy Award for Best Movie is worth probably an additional $100 million in box office takings, in some cases even more... the winning movie is usually 're-released' and promoted a whole second time the week following the awards. Suddenly millions of people who never contemplated going to see 'Argo' are about to buy a ticket to watch it... including me (tomorrow I think) So film studios spend months and millions of $ lobbying members of the academy with dinners, events, freebies etc in order to simply get them to vote for their movies...they even employ phone banks full of people calling around asking "can we rely on your vote?" It's a TOTALLY 100% political process from start to finish, and anyone who thinks otherwise has zero understanding of the way the awards/Hollywood lobby system works.

I actually didn't see much in Adele as a singer UNTIL the Skyfall song got nominated, which I love, and it made me download both her albums, now I really like her a lot, so there's like $25 her and her record company now have which they wouldn't have had if it hadn't been for that movie.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online

No members online now.