Music at the Academy Awards 2013

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
As a Bond theme, I like Skyfall. Think it works really well with the film, which is probably my favourite Bond film ever now.

Haven't seen Skyfall yet...probably wait for it on my HD channels then decide whether to buy the Blu Ray.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I highly recommend it, especially if you're a big Bond fan.

Took me awhile to figure out when I first saw Daniel Craig as an actor, then it came to me. He played a cold hearted assassin on "Sharpe" the BBC series starring Sean Bean. He only lasted one episode but left an imprint.

I think he's done well as James Bond, after the 2nd film there was concern the financing wasn't available for Skyfall, glad to see they sorted that out.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
You should see Layer Cake. It's good!

Nothing to do with music, but I noticed Michael Winner was snubbed in the In Memoriam section.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think I have ever seen Charlize Theron in anything, but I undertand she is not averse to posing nude. To me, Adele is one of a number of British singers who made a career of stuttery phrasing, in the absence of Amy Winehouse (who was genuinely gifted, but a crack addict who kept bad company). Skyfall sounds as if it was knocked off in ten minutes during a coffee break.

The first, and best film, that pops into my mind that you may have seen her in would be "The Devil's Advocate" an Al Pacino flick. More recently she played the wicked stepmother in "Snow White & Huntsman" and she sure fit the part ;)

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
Oh brother.
No academy awards aren't political. The votes just don't care about what sells the most tickets nor do they care who is the most popular although the press try to make it political and cover it that way. Yes after who wins and the academy awards show itself are about the celebration of movies and the industry doh.

In regards to Adele while far from the best bond song it was good enough to deserve it over the other songs nominated. Thank god it wasn't up against another crappy Randy Newman or Elton John kiddie song.

Glad to Shawn Christensen, formerly of stellastarr*, win for his short film Curfew.

Fever

Reaction score
Apparently, Charlize Theron did not enjoy Seth's song:

heron-seth-macfarlane-oscars-2013-boobs-song-angry.gif

I could be wrong but I think it might have been a joke because William Shatner had been talking about how bad a host MacFarlane was.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Oh brother.
No academy awards aren't political. The votes just don't care about what sells the most tickets nor do they care who is the most popular although the press try to make it political and cover it that way. Yes after who wins and the academy awards show itself are about the celebration of movies and the industry doh.

In regards to Adele while far from the best bond song it was good enough to deserve it over the other songs nominated. Thank god it wasn't up against another crappy Randy Newman or Elton John kiddie song.

Glad to Shawn Christensen, formerly of stellastarr*, win for his short film Curfew.

Rubbish...they are Totally Political same as the Grammy's to say otherwise is unrealistic AK. Once in a while they get it right, but often times it's a joke that's why I gave up on all those shows years ago. Same as Olympic judges in swimming or ice skating.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I agree LG, can't be doing with the oscars or any other show like that, I see them going around with all their money and all their flash clothes and there are people dying who can't afford a meal!!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online