1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mr Big (Official Thread)

Discussion in '80's Music' started by Soot and Stars, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Mr. T

Mr. T Banned

Re: "The Official" Mr. Big Thread

Holy effen shiz!!! I can not believe there isn't more love for these guys! They have featured a bass God (Billy Sheehan), two virtuoso guitarists (Paul Gilbert and Richie Kotzen) and one of the most distinct voices in rock (Eric Martin) over their career. Pat Torpey ain't bad on the skins, either. Granted... their timing was bad coming into prominence when Kurt Cobain was busy destroying rock but guess who is still around in 2011.

Blows my mind that there hasn't even been an update on the new disc which is prolly the best of their career.

What If... was released earlier this year and is a monster. If you are new to this band then start here and work your way back. If you are an old fan that lost touch since they couldn't get played on American "so-called" radio then do yourself a favor and catch up to a band that have been huge in Japan and Europe for the last 20 years where ppl were still listening to rock instead of rap and pop crap. Off the soapbox for now...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2012
  2. Rock Candy

Rock Candy Rock 'n' Roll Doctor

A fantastic band like Mr. Big can't be relegated to the second page, I won't allow it!

But yeah, "Green-Tinted Sixties Mind" is just something else, one of the catchiest little bastards I've ever heard.

This little number never really seems to get mentioned very often,which is a shame; it's an absolute gem.

3. LG

LG Fade To Black

What's their best Live album? I've looked and they have 6 out there, and I am tempted to get the 2009 Back to Budokan 2CD set unless one of you recommends a better live album.

4. Big Ears

Big Ears Music Lover

There was also a band from Oxford, called Mr Big, who, despite having a few hit singles in the seventies, were very underrated. Sometimes they were fast heavy rock, on other occasions they sounded like Yes. The British Mr Big made a comeback album recently.

5. Wolfy

Wolfy Learn To Howl

I love love love Mr.Big and they do indeed deserve a whole load of attention, even if they are getting it right now anyway. Since finding out that they were making a comeback, I decided to upload all their tracks that were not already on youtube for others to listen to. The views and comments on my Mr.Big videos alone have shot right up since they have been touring lately, it's amazing.

My favourites of theirs are:

Goin' Where The Wind Blows
    Green Tinted Sixties Mind
    Nothing Like It In The World
    Nothing But Love
    The Chain
    To Be With You
    Big Love
    Wild World
    Promise Her The Moon
    Shine

I have many other favourites as well, but I don't want to list every track I have of theirs, so that will do for now. I'm also a huge fan of Eric Martins solo stuff, like the Mr.Vocalist albums he released. They were all brilliant covers of classic songs.

6. METALPRIEST

METALPRIEST Senior Member

Bass player live 2013

7. Magic

Magic Woman of the World

[​IMG]

Giving this 2014 album some love..........

Gotta Love the Ride

The Monster in Me

8. joker1961

joker1961 Skaven Swear Runner

Mr Big Not So Big With Me!

Yeah @Magic me too! don't have anything by them no sorry Lean On Me love to bits...:bow

9. hairmetalmusic.com

hairmetalmusic.com www.hairmetalmusic.com

Paul Gilbert is awesome.

10. joker1961

joker1961 Skaven Swear Runner

not what you'd call a fan but I do like the cover of Cat Stevens Wild World