Mr Big (Official Thread)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Mr. Big
mrbig.jpg

Hmmmm, I'm debating how hated these guys are as I'm posting! I almost feel guilty setting them up for the backlash! :D They were kind of a hair band group that really didn't have much edge coming in at a time when hair band backlash would wipe out the genre and introduce Grunge into the mainstream. They are a one hit wonder with a song that could be a hairband Hallmark moment! I though it was a cool laid back ballad myself!

To Be With You
(I still love this song! Sue Me! :lmao:)
Video starts at 1:18

But......

Regardless of all this I really dug them! I hear they are still big in Japan!

Other tracks I really liked from them:

Lean Into It
Lean_Into_It_album.jpg

Just Take My Heart
(like the guitar intro in this)

Bump Ahead
489942f0cdc91.jpg

Wild World
(Great cover)

Ain't Seen Love Like That

Last edited by a moderator:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: Mr. Big

Nice thread!!! Looks great!

First heard these guys on ADDICTED TO THAT RUSH but was blown away when GREEN TINTED SIXTIES MIND came out!

I LOVE this song still!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

The only Mr. Big I know was a mobster from one of the first episodes of "Get Smart", and he turned out to be a midget...gotta luv Mel Brooks...:lmao:

Nice thread Bry, can't say I am a fan though, Magic might like them we'll have to see when she shows up.;)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

The only Mr. Big I know was a mobster from one of the first episodes of "Get Smart", and he turned out to be a midget...gotta luv Mel Brooks...:lmao:

Nice thread Bry, can't say I am a fan though, Magic might like them we'll have to see when she shows up.;)

:spit: :lmao:

That's Great!!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Flower, that was priceless...:heheh:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

As much as I love Glam bands and hair metal, Mr. Big slipped right on past me.

I dont have time to investigate them today, Bry, But I will definitely check them out.

rtbuck

Reaction score

I didn't mind them especially "Addicted to that Rush" & I thought they did a pretty cool cover of "30 Days in a Hole". I really didn't care for "I'm the One who Wants to be With You".
I was always a big fan of Billy Sheehan since seeing him play the clubs with Talas.I've emailed Billy a couple of times & he took the time to e-mail me back both times.I was curious about the band line-up of Talas in December of '78 which was the first time I saw them(They opened for Triumph).He had wrote me back telling me that he was away from Talas in 78.He also told me that during that time he played uncredited Bass on the entire Max Webster 'Mutiny Up My Sleeve' album. The next time I saw Talas was '79 & Billy was definitely back in the band. That show Talas opened up for UFO & Sheehan was unbelievable!! He was doing bass solos that sounded like lead guitar solos!! The following year I was a regular seeing Billy & Talas in the clubs & it was amazing seeing them perform "Train Kept a Rolling" & 10 Years After's "I'm Going Home" among 2 albums worth of Original Material. After Talas toured with Van Halen back then, there were rumors flying around Buffalo that Sheehan was going to replace Michael Anthony(Kind of weird he ended up in Roth's Band).Talas did split up & Sheehan toured in UFO after Pete Way left & formed Waysted. He briefly returned to the Buffalo club scene with an all new Talas featuring Phil Naro on Vocals.They released a Live album called 'Live Speed on Ice' but shortly after Sheehan joined up w/ David Lee Roth. I never seen a bass player like him

F

FoxyPage

haha, my mom liked To Be with You. I made fun of her soooo much.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online