• Lynyrd Skynyrd

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Scorpions

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

ntw16

4th member of Rush
Reaction score
For me, Led Zeppelin has influenced me the most. So they get my vote.

Slim Slow Slider

+2,727 posts as TheSound!
Reaction score
Upper West Side, Manhattan, New York City
Curious, but very interesting list - could be the first time the words 'Billy Squire' and 'most influential' ever appeared in the same sentence!! - but I personally think if you asked them, I can almost guarantee that many MANY musicians at least starting up back in the 70's and 80's - including many bands/artists on that list - would say that the main reason they first joined a band at all, was due to them either hearing The Beatles for the first time (who aren't on the list) or hearing the Stones (who are)...and wanting to be just like them, so that would be my own answer....pretty much everything goes back to those two really, though btw you also left off The Who, and Bob Dylan, both of whom would for me be right up there just behind the Beatles and Stones in terms of influence, so of the people you did put in the poll, for me, the Stones, though I imagine Zeppelin will get a fair few votes too.

Last edited:

ntw16

4th member of Rush
Reaction score
Curious, but very interesting list - could be the first time the words 'Billy Squire' and 'most influential' ever appeared in the same sentence!! - but I personally think if you asked them, I can almost guarantee that many MANY musicians at least starting up back in the 70's and 80's - including many bands/artists on that list - would say that the main reason they first joined a band at all, was due to them either hearing The Beatles for the first time (who aren't on the list) or hearing the Stones (who are)...and wanting to be just like them, so that would be my own answer....pretty much everything goes back to those two really, though btw you also left off The Who, and Bob Dylan, both of whom would for me be right up there just behind the Beatles and Stones in terms of influence, so of the people you did put in the poll, for me, the Stones, though I imagine Zeppelin will get a fair few votes too.

to be honest, I just took 25 bands that are on my song list and put them on here. Shoulda put the Beatles..

Slim Slow Slider

+2,727 posts as TheSound!
Reaction score
Upper West Side, Manhattan, New York City
Hey, it's a great list! .... obviously you can't include everyone, been dozens of really influential rock bands over the past 50 years, it's a decent snapshot of different genres, there's only 1 act on there who I don't own at least something by them (Billy Squire), so clearly 24 of them have had at least some influence on me as a listener!!

ntw16

4th member of Rush
Reaction score
Hey, it's a great list! .... obviously you can't include everyone, been dozens of really influential rock bands over the past 50 years, it's a decent snapshot of different genres, there's only 1 act on there who I don't own at least something by them (Billy Squire), so clearly 24 of them have had at least some influence on me as a listener!!

Shouldn't have put him, I only know 2 songs by him xD

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
Oh, c'mon, where is Deep Purple, Queen, The Beatles and The Who!? :mad

From this list I vote for Black Sabbath - all metal bands grew up under strongest influence of these guys from Birmingham.

ntw16

4th member of Rush
Reaction score
Oh, c'mon, where is Deep Purple, Queen, The Beatles and The Who!? :mad

From this list I vote for Black Sabbath - all metal bands grew up under strongest influence of these guys from Birmingham.

Dang it. Queen, Who, and Beatles should definitely be here...... Guess I was just thinking hard rock.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online