Moonlit Sailor (Official Thread)

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Moonlit Sailor is an instrumental indie post-rock band from Sweden. I actually just heard of these guys a few hours ago and have been addicted to their music ever since. They're music has a sort of "soft" touch to it if that makes sense. If you've listened to post-rock before, you probably can understand what I mean. I guess you can say, when I listen to their music, I feel comfortable and warm. Post-rock at it's finest in my opinion.

MOONLIT SAILOR

Moonlit Sailor Official Website

Moonlit+Sailor.jpg

They've released three albums. A Footprint of Feelings, So Close To Life & Colors In Stereo

I recently have only picked up one of the three albums so far. That being A Footpring of Feelings

519u4lY-f-L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Nice! They can sound very Coldplayesque in some parts, especially on Night Stroll. I enjoy instrumentals once in awhile when I'm in a mood.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Hey, I like this dude! Very chill! :grinthumb

Glad to hear it dude :grinthumb

Nice! They can sound very Coldplayesque in some parts, especially on Night Stroll. I enjoy instrumentals once in awhile when I'm in a mood.

Now that you say that, I do hear a bit of Coldplay-ish-ness in them. I can easily see someone with a vocal style like Chris Martin fitting in with this band very well.

Glad to hear you like it as well.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
^^^ I do it! It sounds very similar to some of the instrumental stuff I used to listen to on a radio program on Sunday evenings while I did homework back in the day. I think it was called Life something. I can't remember. But before these songs get too rockish they sound very similar to that.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I'm hoping to get their other two releases in the next few days. The album I have right now is great, but it's only 7 tracks, and it's a short album, only about a half hour worth of music. I'll probably do some album reviews for these guys's music though. I've listened to the album I have now about 3 times today.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Just got myself a copy of the So Close To Life release. So far, i'm really enjoying it. It's got a very good bright post rock feel to it.

moonlit-sailor-so-close-to-life-2009.jpg

Hope, is easily my favorite song off the album so far:

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Hell yeah man. They've got one more album that I still need to get. i'll post tunes from that once I get it.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiammeee

Members online

No members online now.