Molly Hatchet (Official Thread)

Mr Mojo Risin

Cactus Brew Drinker
Reaction score
@Mr Mojo Risin has been my inspiration for visiting my southern rock roots and giving some Molly Hatchet albums a listen.

first up:

View attachment 217953

Gypsy Trail

One Last Ride

this album isn’t bad. It has a more “country” feel than earlier Molly Hatchet albums. Phil McCormack as vocalist is a satisfactory replacement for Danny Joe Brown. McCormack is also a principal song writer who came from a country band called RoadDucks, which is likely where the country influences are coming from.
RIP McCormack.

Budweiser Beer by RoadDucks. :roflmao:

Damn straight! I'm glad to have inspired some music delving and Molly Hatchet is always a favorite of mine

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Next up:

IMG_0388.jpeg

First thing I want to mention are the album covers. This cover is fantastic. I will say the “warrior” has been with us from day 1 and the art around him has always been impressive.

This album is ok. It’s a bit heavier in sound than I am used to hearing from Molly Hatchet, but since I am also a heavy metal fan, I’m ok with the heavier sound. This album is the only recent album of MH with any original band members…Dave Hlubek is present.

The musicianship is good. I have no complaints there. The lyrics are strange. It’s like McCormack is forcing “the good ole boy” image through some pretty heavy sounds. It comes across pretty cheesy, IMO.

The best example of this “forced“ lyrics & sound would be Roadhouse Boogie. I was expecting some southern boogie hooks, but nodda.

The highlight, IMO, is Rainbow Bridge. Great story & jam.

full album

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Molly Hatchet release their first new original song in 13 years….

Firing Line

IMG_0667.jpeg

Line – Up:

Bobby Ingram – Lead Guitars

John Galvin – Keyboards

Tim Lindsey – Bass

Shawn Beamer – Drums

Parker Lee – Lead Vocals

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members