Mogwai

Their albums:
* Mogwai Young Team (1997)
* Come on Die Young (1999)
* Rock Action (2001)
* Happy Songs for Happy People (2003)

* Mr Beast (2006)
* The Hawk Is Howling (2008)

I prefer their 5th studio album: Mr. Beast (see pic below). But it is a close call with the ones in bold (see album list).

942.jpg

The cover artwork for Mr Beast is a painting by Amanda Church entitled "Milkbar"

I've done my best to find the first 2 songs of mr beast and they are posted below. Ignore the video's. Listen to them in all sincerity and hear why Mogwai is the best post-rock band I know. And I know plenty.

Auto rock (abrupt ending, normally it fades into the second song)

Glasgow mega snake

Mr. Beast is thé best art post-rock album I know. It is relaxing, moving and keeps your attention like no other post-rock band ever was able to. It has some singing in it wich adds to the whole picture but never dominates the songs.

They don't have a greatest hits or anything but if you'd like: Government comissions actually is a best off.. It provides alternate studio recordings of Mogwai's 'greatest hits...

I got to know them thanks to this great tribute to Iggy Pop:
Song titled Punk-Rock (first song on come on die young) and this thread wouldn't be complete without it !

:grinthumb Enjoy !

Flower

retired
Reaction score
I don't know this band ... Thanks for the links/videos.

Btw ~ I thought that "mogwai" was just a word or noise that kath used from time to time ...

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Damn forgot about these guys...I have an album somewhere, but I can't remember anything about them.:bonk:

I'll see if I can get hold of the album you rec'd OB.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
What exactly is "Post Rock", anyways?

Post rock is a lot like indie music and for the most part uses instruments commonly found in rock music only in ways that are not typically used in rock music, such as in the way they structure their melodies, harmonies, and rhythms. Also, for the it's generally instrumental music.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online