Modest Mouse (Official Thread)

Oblivion

Reaction score
Re: Modest Mouse - official !

I've enjoyed some of their works. Alone Down There is my favorite song

You have taste, that's for sure :)

Alone down there is one of those songs you need to listen to a few times before you feel it.

mine would be trailer trash I think, for now.

rollingstoned

Queens of the Stone Age
Reaction score

You have taste, that's for sure :)

Alone down there is one of those songs you need to listen to a few times before you feel it.

mine would be trailer trash I think, for now.

First time hearing that song, I like it

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

To be honest, I really can't get into them. There's nothing bad about them, but to me it sounds rather plain and ordinary. It could just be my love of the weird and wonderful, but from what I've heard from them, they don't do it for me.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

To be honest, I really can't get into them. There's nothing bad about them, but to me it sounds rather plain and ordinary. It could just be my love of the weird and wonderful, but from what I've heard from them, they don't do it for me.

How are they plain and ordinary? They are so different sounding that they've become the group that people say "That groups adapted the Modest Mouse" sound. One of my favorite groups was stated for using that influence on some of their songs off their most recent c.d. and I thought that it was awesome that you can hear that distinction. The Modest Mouse vocals are FAR from plain my friend. :D

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

I don't know why, but for some reason I just can't get into them.

For example I feel the same way about The Killers, I know they've got a lot of different styles and are talented musicians but I simply don't like the sound of their music.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I don't know why, but for some reason I just can't get into them.

For example I feel the same way about The Killers, I know they've got a lot of different styles and are talented musicians but I simply don't like the sound of their music.

I've just got to say that I'm not questioning you for not liking stuff Sal. It's just when I saw the words "plain" and "ordinary" used it got me thinking how. Certain words being used as descriptions are more apt to prompt more questions than saying something ain't your thing. :)

Oblivion

Reaction score

I have to say Sal :D I had the same reaction as soot... Plain and ordinary isn't anything like Modest Mouse :D

But you do have a point, I love them and thus I look at them differently.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online