Discography

1981 Mesh & Lace
1982 After the Snow
1984 Ricochet Days
1986 Stop Start
1990 Pillow Lips
1996 Everything's Mad
2010 Soundtrack

I have been listening to a lot of Modern English lately. They were popular in the 80's. The two albums I have been listening to are, After The Snow and Ricochet Days.

My favourite song of theirs is "I MELT WITH YOU" :grinthumb

Last edited by a moderator:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Re: Modern English

Excellent taste Sunny! " i melt with you " is a brilliant track.....that somehow over the years i missed! I have the " SOMEONES CALLING " single / b side "life in the gladhouse"[what a song that is !!!], and also the "Ricochet days album which i found a bit dissapointing..... MODERN ENGLISH didnt get the break they deserved i didnt think it helped them being on the 4ad label who were a bit arty, and probably didnt market them like they should.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Been years maybe decades since I listened to this band.

Thanks for the thread Sunny, and good to see you back again.:D

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score

I was browsing in my favourite record store and Melt With You Was Playing and I asked the record store dude what it was and immediately bought a Modern English album.

Yes M'lord Grendel, I was working funny shifts at the hospital all last week and it seemed to be a week of doing nothing but work, eat and sleep and of course listening to music so didn't have time to come on the forum.

.................... and thanks Lou! Glad you enjoyed it. I enjoyed listening to Someone's Calling.

Last edited:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

What ever happened to 80s band MODERN ENGLISH ? After looking them up on you=tube I was amazed to see them still performing.

2 great tracks from the past....

.....and heres them playing "live" to their homecrowd in Colchester UK.....They havent aged a bit..:grinthumb

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score

I would love to have been there! I could have sung along with them as I know all the words :heheh: That was fab - thanks for posting that Lou.

some jerk

Banned
Reaction score

saw these guys live for free 2 months ago in florida. didn't recognize most of the songs but they rocked. great show

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
MODERN ENGLISH early recordings are still highly soughted. Their early singles are collectable and highly rated by people into early 80s post punk.

Gathering dust/swans on glass

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Members online