Misunderstood lyrics

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
I am embarassed - I always thought the line in "Losing My Religion" was "I think I thought I heard you cry" when it is really "I think I thought I heard you try". Just looked up the written lyrics a couple of days ago.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Up until a couple of years ago I always thought Steven Tyler was singing 'Do the funky lady' and not 'Dude looks like a lady'.

Chevelle

Protected Witness
Reaction score
One of my favorite movies is The Long Kiss Goodnight with Geena Davis and Samuel L. Jackson.
There's a funny scene with them driving and Jackson singing along with the radio and Davis trying to convince him that he has the lyrics all wrong.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Always thought in Bennie & The Jets, Elton was singing "She's got electric boobs. I know Jesu's." But apparently he's singing "She's got electric boots, a mohair suit."

Jake T

Running With The Pack
Reaction score
Blinded by the Light - Manfred Mann's Earth Band

Misunderstood lyric: wrapped up like a douche
Actual lyric: revved up like a deuce

Bruce Springsteen himself joked about the controversy, claiming that it was not until Manfred Mann rewrote the song to be about a "feminine hygiene product" that it became popular. ("Bruce Springsteen". VH1 Storytellers. episode 62. 2005-04-23) The original Springsteen lyric was "cut loose like a deuce" and was changed by MMEB to "revved up like a deuce".

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online