Midnight Oil (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Midnight Oil

You would like the album Riff posted(Diesel & Dust) Annie every song is really good.

Terra812

Reaction score

As (for lack of a better word) political as Midnight Oil's music is it's no surprise that Garrett went into politics. I have never seen them live. I would expect some political dialog during the show and would have no problem with it knowing some of their music...( Diesel & Dust, Blue Sky Mining ). I do have a problem with pop artists and actors like Sean Penn and the high school drop-out, drug addict Charlie Sheen ... stfu and sing or act or die :D

Although I like the entire D&D Album a couple of my favorite tunes

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^The beauty of a band like MO to me Terra is you can be blissfully ignorant of what the meaning behind many of the songs is and just enjoy them as good music.

So many people give a band stick for saying something they believe in a song or on an album whereas I find because it is a rarity in rock music overall when done well I really enjoy it. Even if I don't agree with the point or philosophy they are championing.

Terra812

Reaction score

^^^ Say it in a song... fine. Love it actually. My problem is with the Dixie Chicks and the Madonnas ... Hey! You sing about Sucking and F***ing... stick to what you know :D

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Glad I found this thread, I am gonna start getting more albums of this band, really get into some of the Aussie rock I have missed out on.
I love Diesel and Dust, fantastic album.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online