Michael Schenker Group (MSG)

taha

Reaction score
Re: MSG, smokin !

Save Yourself and Perfect Timing are the ones to start with. Half ebay is the way to go.
:D

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Yeah I was lucky, and I have replaced most of them on CD, except the rare extremely valuable ones, some of which have still not been released in CD format...But I have also added 100's of new bands since then so it's all good.:tup:

I just read this...man I'm so sorry but yes...you are still here and that's all that matters. Cool you got alot replaced. Music is endless so we will NEVER be without it.

:cheers:

rtbuck

Reaction score

I was a fan of his band on the early albums especially because Ted McKenna & Chris Glen (both from the Sensational Alex Harvey Band) was the rhythm section

Rock Candy

Rock 'n' Roll Doctor
Reaction score
The first three MSG albums are all fantastic. Built to Destroy wasn't quite as good as its three predecessors, but is still fairly strong.

Rocker440

Reaction score
^^I certainly agree with RC! :grinthumb I'll also add to those three the live double album....One Night at Budokan, and two more live albums...Rock Will Never Die and BBC Radio One. I also like and enjoy the albums with Robin McAuley quite a lot, too! I'm a great fan of Michael Schenker for over 35 years now! :geetar: <--maybe there's a smiley with a flying v that would be great for Mr. Schenker, imo! :heheh: :whistle:

Rock Candy

Rock 'n' Roll Doctor
Reaction score
^^I certainly agree with RC! :grinthumb I'll also add to those three the live double album....One Night at Budokan, and two more live albums...Rock Will Never Die and BBC Radio One. I also like and enjoy the albums with Robin McAuley quite a lot, too! I'm a great fan of Michael Schenker for over 35 years now!

Oh of course, you can't forget One Night at Budokan! Excellent show, the whole band really play their arses off. I can't say I've heard the BBC show though, worth tracking down a copy?

And McAuley was a great singer (And that hair, hot damn), I personally prefer his husky style of singing over good ol' Gawwy Barden, but that's just me. It would have been interesting to see where they'd went if Bonnet was able to lay off the bottle after Assault Attack. Given that Built to Destory was rather AOR-tinged, I can imagine them doing something similar to No Parole from Rock 'n' Roll.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
MSG are awesome .Their early releases are some of favorite early 80's material .
I've seen them 4 times (?) and met and talked w/ Michael 3 times .He's not too overly talkative but that's cool :D

I have atleast 6 of their CDs ,some vinyl and two DVDs .Underrated band.

Samurai

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.