Men at Work flautist Greg Ham found dead

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
Sad news for Aussie music, with flautist Greg Ham, famous for writing the flute riff for his band Men at Work'***** song, "Down Under", found dead in his Melbourne home.

A police investigation is underway, and foul play hasn't been ruled out.

Apparently Ham was upset for many of his later years, due to a fear of being remembered as "the guy who stole the flute riff" after Men at Work lost a court case claiming the riff was taken from Aussie children's song "Kookaburra Sits in the Old Gum Tree".

But personally, I feel the courts were wrong in this case, and am greatly saddened by this news.

RIP Greg Ham.

Sky News: Men at Work's flautist Greg Ham has died

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Sad news for Aussie music, with flautist Greg Ham, famous for writing the flute riff for his band Men at Work'***** song, "Down Under", found dead in his Melbourne home.

A police investigation is underway, and foul play hasn't been ruled out.

Apparently Ham was upset for many of his later years, due to a fear of being remembered as "the guy who stole the flute riff" after Men at Work lost a court case claiming the riff was taken from Aussie children's song "Kookaburra Sits in the Old Gum Tree".

But personally, I feel the courts were wrong in this case, and am greatly saddened by this news.

RIP Greg Ham.

Sky News: Men at Work's flautist Greg Ham has died

We talked about that case a long time ago Feldy, and I agree with you.

I only have their debut album, but loved that song when it came out years ago.

:rip: Greg Ham.

Lavender10

Cult of Personality
Reaction score
Sounds very similar, but its not a rip-off for sure. Something like that can ruin an artists life.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JessKellow

Members online