Machine Head (Official Thread)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Spruced up the OP to at least be updated in discography detail.

Through The Ashes has some great tunes as well. The album overall wasn't the best MH have done but it did improve a lot on albums like Supercharger and The Burning Red.
Imperium

Elegy is another.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Machine Head is currently touring with Dethklok, All That Remains, and The Black Dahlia Murder. The tour is scheduled for a stop at the House of Blues, Lake Buena Vista, FL on December 4, 2012.

The only problem to this stop.........Machine Head is banned from ever performing at any property owned by Disney. So it looks like this concert is going to be Machine Head-less...........

Read More HERE.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Machine Head is looking for a temporary bassist since they lost Adam Duce. They are holding open auditions. Anyone interested in applying look HERE for more information.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Not a bad cover from Machine Head, remaking Judas Priest's "The Sentinal"

Can't expect the singing to match Halford, but he does a decent job for what it is. The music is pretty decent and the drumming is definitely more like Scott Travis than Dave Holland's JP drumming.

Last edited by a moderator:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
New Recording Update

https://www.facebook.com/MachineHead

"As I step off the insane recording treadmill I’ve been on for a few weeks, one thing is for certain, it's all about slow and steady progress," says frontman Robb Flynn "I mean, I really wish I had more of an exciting update to give you, but I've been slammed recording guitars, laying down vocals, and working on some killer packaging ideas with the Nuclear Blast crew.

Less than a week before we got into JingleTown we finished a pair of songs, one of which was literally not even an idea the week previous. Phil brought in some great, GREAT stuff at the 11th hour and we were able to turn it into a really cool song with the working title of: 'Sharkbite Days Revisited'.

The other song, formerly-known-as 'Blazing Saddles' just wasn't working. Even though it had some cool parts it was just too god damned hard to play and make it sound natural, so we back-burnered it for a while. It was the type of song where we finally realized our mortality, LOL! One of those 'dammit, I can't play this fast at my age anymore' kind of moments! But it was a song that came at a time when we needed a good kick in the ass, and it completely helped break my writer's block. It was the crack in the dam and after that, all hell flowed. So if anything it served its purpose well!

So on the 2nd to last day of rehearsals McClain and I deconstructed 'Blazing Saddles', and then reconstructed it into a far simpler structure, and its ****in rockin'! Less of a SLAYER/SLIIPKNOT vibe, and more of a Screaming For Vengeance-era JUDAS PRIEST feel to it. Appropriately, it has now been given the working title: 'Simmering Saddles'.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
https://www.facebook.com/MachineHead

"As I step off the insane recording treadmill I’ve been on for a few weeks, one thing is for certain, it's all about slow and steady progress," says frontman Robb Flynn "I mean, I really wish I had more of an exciting update to give you, but I've been slammed recording guitars, laying down vocals, and working on some killer packaging ideas with the Nuclear Blast crew.

Less than a week before we got into JingleTown we finished a pair of songs, one of which was literally not even an idea the week previous. Phil brought in some great, GREAT stuff at the 11th hour and we were able to turn it into a really cool song with the working title of: 'Sharkbite Days Revisited'.

The other song, formerly-known-as 'Blazing Saddles' just wasn't working. Even though it had some cool parts it was just too god damned hard to play and make it sound natural, so we back-burnered it for a while. It was the type of song where we finally realized our mortality, LOL! One of those 'dammit, I can't play this fast at my age anymore' kind of moments! But it was a song that came at a time when we needed a good kick in the ass, and it completely helped break my writer's block. It was the crack in the dam and after that, all hell flowed. So if anything it served its purpose well!

So on the 2nd to last day of rehearsals McClain and I deconstructed 'Blazing Saddles', and then reconstructed it into a far simpler structure, and its ****in rockin'! Less of a SLAYER/SLIIPKNOT vibe, and more of a Screaming For Vengeance-era JUDAS PRIEST feel to it. Appropriately, it has now been given the working title: 'Simmering Saddles'.

Now that would be neat.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Killers And Kings from new album coming entitled Bloodstone & Diamonds.

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
The new Machine Head album is out. Title is as Riff said Bloodstone & Diamonds.

Listened to it twice now and it is really good!!

:grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online