Machine Head (Official Thread)

rockgoddess1968

Reaction score
MachineHead.jpg
One of my top 3 bands, any other fans out there? Saw these guys at Brixton, UK last Thursday, my first time seeing them as a headlining band and they were absolutley amazing!!

Official Website
Machine Head Wikipedia

Machine Head is an American heavy metal band from Oakland, California, formed in 1992. Founded by singer and guitarist Robb Flynn and bassist Adam Duce, there have been only 4 personnel changes since its inception 17 years ago. The current lineup of the band comprises Flynn (vocals, guitar), Duce (bass), Phil Demmel (guitar), and Dave McClain (drums). Machine Head is one of the pioneering bands in the New Wave of American Heavy Metal.[4][5]

Machine Head was formed by member Robb Flynn, previously part of the bands Forbidden and Vio-lence. Flynn felt musically unfulfilled with Vio-lence and requested to start a side project. When his request was denied, he left the band and formed Machine Head in 1992 with Adam Duce, Logan Mader and Tony Constanza. Though the band's first album, Burn My Eyes, was a big success in Europe where it garnered attention on MTV's Headbangers Ball, but in America (with HBB taken off the air during the grunge movement) Machine Head would not have success until later albums. The band nearly disbanded in 2002 after negotiating off its label, Roadrunner Records, when controversy surrounding Machine Head's 4th release "Supercharger" (released 2 weeks after Sept.11th, 2001) resulted in their songs and their then-current video for the song "Crashing Around You" (which featured burning buildings) being pulled from all media outlets. The band re-signed with Roadrunner soon after and has released two albums since, 2003's Through the Ashes of Empires, and 2007's The Blackening, which earned Machine Head its first Grammy Award nomination.

Discography

Burn My Eyes (1994)
The More Things Change... (1997)
The Burning Red (1999)
Supercharger (2001)
Through the Ashes of Empires (2003/04)
The Blackening (2007)
Unto The Locust (2011)
Bloodstone & Diamonds (2014)

Some of their songs.
Davidian (Burn My Eyes)

American High (Supercharger)

Halo (The Blackening)

Locust (Unto the Locust)

Last edited by a moderator:

rockgoddess1968

Reaction score
Re: Machine Head

Imperium - from Through The Ashes Of Empires

Halo - from The Blackening

Block - from Burn My Eyes

Last edited by a moderator:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Not too familiar with these guys Goddess...:think:

If they have clean vocals I'll give them a listen, what is their Best album?

rockgoddess1968

Reaction score

Their vocals are a mix of clean melodic vocals and agressive style vocals..........personally their best albums for me are Through The Ashes Of Empires (standout tracks for me include...Imperium, Elegy and Descend The Shades Of Night) and The Blackening...standout tracks....Halo, Beautiful Morning and Aesthetics Of Hate

flipflop

Prisoner of rock'n'roll
Reaction score

I knew a guy who was into them a lot and I bought The Burning Red when I found it cheap. I quite like that one. But I don't know a lot abou them. I'm pretty sure I saw them live once but...... when you don't know the song titles it slips away from you eventually :D

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score

Think their Burn My Eyes is one of the best metal albums around. When that one was released it created shockwaves in metal land. The sound is so massive, brutal and heavy.
For me Robb Flynn has the perfect vocals for that kind of music. Fav's tracks on that album: Davidian, Old and The Rage To Overcome. The others are really good as well.

Kinda lost them after The Burning Red.

rockgoddess1968

Reaction score

I actually think The Burning Red is one of their weaker albums........I love them all, but that and The More Things Change are the two weaker ones for me. Up until last week I'd only ever seen them as a support act for Metallica and at a festival, to see them headline a smallish venue like Brixton Acadamy was awesome!!

Also worth checking out is their dvd 'Elegies' which was recorded at Brixton, London at the time they released Through The Ashes Of Empires

rockgoddess1968

Reaction score

Think their Burn My Eyes is one of the best metal albums around. When that one was released it created shockwaves in metal land. The sound is so massive, brutal and heavy.
For me Robb Flynn has the perfect vocals for that kind of music. Fav's tracks on that album: Davidian, Old and The Rage To Overcome. The others are really good as well.

Kinda lost them after The Burning Red.

Davidian and Old are fantastic live :oy:

If you liked Burn My Eyes, I'd definitely recommend the last two albums

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online