Lynyrd Skynyrd (Official Thread)

bsmRanger

Reaction score
Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd

i can't believe that plane crashed because it ran out of fuel. was the gas gage broken? jeez

The Pilot made a mistake and flipped the wrong switch and dumped what little fuel they had

ps Their Vicious Cycles live DVD is very good

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score

In memory of Leon Wilkeson!

~ The Cat in The Hat ~

Apr. 2, 1952 / July 27, 2001

Leon passed away from chronic liver and lung disease, the cause of death was deemed 'from natural causes`.

Leon`s Memorial @ Find A Grave

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

He was only 49 years old, have to think if he drank and smoked that contributed to his rather early death...:think:

What a fabulous band Lynyrd Skynyrd was, and Wilkinson was a highly regarded musician.

JerseyGirl

Reaction score

Not sure if this was brought up here, but I have the original Street Survivors Album before they changed the jacket.

Lynyrd-Skynyrd---Street-Survivors-Front-Cover-22573.jpg

http://www.noiseaddicts.com/2009/04/30-most-controversial-album-covers/

Lynyrd Skynyrd, ‘Street Survivors’ (1977)
In a fairly ironic twist of fate, only three days after this album came out several members of the band, including lead vocalist and primary songwriter Ronnie Van Zant, died in a plane crash. Suddenly the flames on the sleeve seemed insensitive to everyone, so for many years the flames were airbrushed out.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I remember that cover JG...one of my friends bought it the day it came out. Never really thought about it much myself until you mentioned it. My CD has the 2nd cover without the flames.

papawjim56

Reaction score

Simpleman cruise awesome...lets see what the Legends of Rock cruise do

Rocket Roll

Reaction score
I see very little love for the current "version" of Skynyrd, not surprising I guess. I didn't really get into them until I got the first Rossington Collins album when it came out, so I missed seeing the original LS live. I first saw them play in 1999 and have been hooked ever since. I've seen them 11 times so far. Free Bird and Sweet Home are pretty much unlistenable for me now, heard them both soooooo many times!

No other band has endured so much tragedy and loss. RIP Ronnie, Allen, Steve, Cassie, Dean, Billy, Leon, Ean, Hughie, and JoJo.

Check out a song called The Last Rebel, I think it's a fantastic tune!

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
I've got a cheap best of as well as the thoroughly excellent God & Guns.

Would like to have seen them on the God & Guns Tour but tickets were very expensive.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online