Lynch Mob to release Wicked Sensation Reimagined in August

Trickster

Reaction score
West coast rock veterans Lynch Mob will celebrate the 30th Anniversary of their seminal album Wicked Sensationwith a special limited print/deluxe anniversary edition of the album. Wicked Sensation Reimagined features re-worked and re-recorded versions of their classic songs and is available via Rat Pak Records on August 28, 2020 (also available in Japan via Marquee/Avalon). The twelve-track album, originally released in October 1990, is considered by many to be sacred and perfect the way it was. The idea of recording it was not something Oni Logan or George Lynch took lightly.

“The term ‘re-record’ makes me cringe, this is not that,” explains Lynch. “We re-invented the wheel on this record. It’s really a different animal than the original! Fans won’t be disappointed!”

Logan adds: “30 years later here we are celebrating the first song I penned and wrote for the band Lynch Mob ‘Wicked Sensation.’ This one’s for the fans that have been there from the beginning! My recommendation is to listen to it loud!!”

The new cover of Wicked Sensation Reimagined was hand drawn by mid-west comic artist Andrew Owens as a tribute to the original cover art. The album is available in multiple bundle configurations including: a limited print Yellow and Black splatter vinyl (Limited to 500), hand autographed CD bundles and cassettes and more. The album is now available for pre-order at: www.ratpakrecords.com/lynchmob.

With the help of Robbie Crane (Black Star Riders) on bass and Brian Tichy on drums, George Lynch and Oni Logan bring passion and power into these newly created arrangements; some that take nothing away from the old versions but bring new light and magic to the material. The songs continue to sound as fresh and timeless and will be ready to garner a whole new legion of fans for the next thirty years. Wicked Sensation Reimagined was produced by Lynch Mob & Brian Tichy and mixed/mastered by Chris “The Wizard” Collier.

The track listing for Wicked Sensation Reimagined is:

01. Wicked Sensation (Reimagined)
02. River of Love (Reimagined)
03. Sweet Sister Mercy (Reimagined)
04. All I Want (Reimagined)
05. Hell Child (Reimagined)
06. She’s Evil but She’s Mine (Reimagined)
07. Dance of the Dogs (Reimagined)
08. Rain (Reimagined)
09. No Bed of Roses (Reimagined)
10. Through These Eyes (Reimagined)
11. For a Million Years (Reimagined)
12. Street Fightin’ Man (Reimagined)

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I've been looking forward to this since it was first announced a few months ago. I will say, looking forward with a bit of 'hesitation'. This album does not need to be remade/reimagined/whatever. It's great the way that it is. The debut album from Lynch Mob (following the split of the classic Dokken lineup in '89) was an outstanding debut and most people's favorite by the band.

Only two of the four original members are on this, although both of the replacement players were also in the band at different times and both are fine musicians.

I'm typically not a fan of bands/artists re-recording their own music because it rarely lives up to the original. On rare occasion there is improvement. Back in 2003, Lynch Mob released an album titled REvolution which was re-recordings of tracks from Dokken and the first two Lynch Mob albums with the band's second vocalist, Robert Mason. Personally, I'm a much bigger fan of Mason than Logan, so that worked out really well for me. That was a fantastic album where those songs were also re-imagined.

With that in mind, I know that I will be buying this album and even though I'm a bit hesitant about it, I'm also hoping that it is done as well as REvolution was.

Here's the new re-drawn cover:

lynch-mob-ws-30-cover-650.jpg

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.