Loverboy - Debut (Rate this album)

How would you rate Loverboy's s/t album?

• 10: Classic

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • 9: Superb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8: Excellent

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • 7: Great

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • 6: Good

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • 5: Average

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • 4: Poor

• 3: Very poor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2: Bad

• 1: Awful

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Loverboy

^^Simple fun party rock with no strings attached, they got a lot of airplay up here and are very well known.

Whilst I agree they are no "Supergroup", they are not all that bad, but their debut album is the best one they ever released, that is the only CD I have.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score

My favorite song of theirs was one of their later day ones (Big Picture) which I have never been able to find on YouTube or get ahold of on cd. The album was called VI, from around 1995-1996, and they did it for a small label because they were no longer on a major.

In truth, I never followed Loverboy a great deal and the only tuneage I regularly played from them on the radio myself was off of the album Notorious, which I believe they did with Mutt Lange in the mid-1980's.

Though I am just guessing on the title and producer of that one (a common thing if I don't know the band well). I ain't got time to look it up for fact checking purposes. All I know is the single was Lovin' Every Minute of It.

Never owned the album, one of my listeners used to drop by the station in person, since our "open-door" policy was pretty liberal, and he'd bring in a few cd's in hopes I'd play something from one or two of them during my broadcast (I would always oblige) and he'd come back in to pick them up later when my show(s) was over.

I'll also admit to liking Mike Reno's Almost Paradise duet.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

It's funny you mention Mike Reno Aero, I saw him on one of our Canadian entertainment shows and didn't recognize him,,,he's gained at least 50-70 lbs....:heheh:

I might pick up their greatest hits one of these days, it has some good old fun songs on it as well....usually I am a studio album guy first and foremost though.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score

poor-cheezy 80's pop. Never understood the appeal

I like a song or two, but they're better than the Decemberists!

At least 20 years later, people remember Loverboy...unlike, the Decemberists, another boring flavor band of the day, who will be forgot soon.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I happen to like cheezie music. :flirt

I give this album a *5* for average........

Groovy, when I first heard the Decemberists, which was about 3 years ago, I didn't like them at first, but they grow on you after a few listens.......But I still am a casual listener.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score

Groovy, when I first heard the Decemberists, which was about 3 years ago, I didn't like them at first, but they grow on you after a few listens.......But I still am a casual listener.

It's too geeky for me.

BTW, I never heard of them outside this forum. Checked out a few songs on youtube, and could hear I wasn't missing anything.

They'll soon be forgotten - like others like them.

They're no Loverboy, that's for sure!

:heheh:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

It's too geeky for me.

BTW, I never heard of them outside this forum. Checked out a few songs on youtube, and could hear I wasn't missing anything.

They'll soon be forgotten - like others like them.

They're no Loverboy, that's for sure!

:heheh:

The Decemberists would be considered an eccentric flavor of music, IMHO, not geeky. You have to acquire a taste for it.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

I personally I am not into this kind of thing. Far too sugary , geeky and candy coated for my personal taste. However they do display a knack for hooks and vocal and guitar harmonies ..... I don't like it but I gave it an upscale to Average ...but average sucks IMO :heheh:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OEITrinida

Staff online

Members online