Loverboy - Debut (Rate this album)

How would you rate Loverboy's s/t album?

• 10: Classic

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • 9: Superb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8: Excellent

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • 7: Great

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • 6: Good

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • 5: Average

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • 4: Poor

• 3: Very poor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2: Bad

• 1: Awful

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Re: Loverboy

Well, to get down to the nuts and bolts of it, Loverboy is more or less a Canadian version of Night Ranger, or vice versa (an American version of Loverboy).

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^Not sure about that Bucky but I know Supertramp has a song by that name...and I like it too.:D

I see poor old Loverboy is not getting much love, which is fine they were never trying to be anything but a fun rock band. I like REO Speedwagon as well, but Nightranger never did squat for me,,,that's why I haven't visited MP's new thread for them.:heheh:

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score

^^Not sure about that Bucky but I know Supertramp has a song by that name...and I like it too.:D

I see poor old Loverboy is not getting much love, which is fine they were never trying to be anything but a fun rock band. I like REO Speedwagon as well, but Nightranger never did squat for me,,,that's why I haven't visited MP's new thread for them.:heheh:

:heheh:Lg I like Loverboy ? But as I said they were that '80's Rock that seems kinda camero-ish lol ...

I still have my vinyl version of HI -FIDELITY :grinthumb
It surely won't play but I held onto it for sentimental reasons I guess :)

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score

Out of the bands in question, I think Night Ranger is far and away the best. However, there is nothing wrong with good, clean, fun rock and roll (even if it is poppy) without a single agenda to push.

Which is why I am tolerable of Loverboy or REO Speedwagon's style of music, even if I don't necessarily track their every move or own a great deal of their music.

I'm not an agenda driven person in life and I sure as heck don't need it in my music.

As Heath Ledger's Joker said so well in The Dark Knight, "I'm just a dog chasing cars."

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^Parked cars Aero??

:grinthumb

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score

^^Parked cars Aero??

:grinthumb

Those are about the only ones I can catch. I'm not overweight by any means, but I am hardly in good shape. I'm what would qualify as a pencil necked geek. :)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I see you found it after all...:tup:

lady_barrett2112

I ♥ the Ox
Reaction score

I love Loverboy! Probably because they're a big piece of my childhood growing up in the 80s. They had some great songs (i.e. It's Over, Hot Girls in Love, Turn Me Loose, etc.)! Plus nobody could rock out in red leather pants like Mike Reno. :heheh:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JessKellow

Members online