Lous A-Z of 70s Glam Rock !!

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
Zolar is cool Lou lol...It sounds like YES a bit to me ...vocals ? Prob get Prog fans upset saying that :blush: Thats a hoot about their own lingo..what cheek lol !!

re: Kim Wilde , Right back at you Cinder :D !!

And Lou lol..I had go watch the video again to see big brother ,,I remember when Kim was massive in the 80's they kept trouting he brothers were also famous but I never knew from what ? Lol...

This is so educational this thread ...Love it ! Thanks !

Ps I forgot to SAY , I'm very jealous of you Death , Getting those autographs !:bow:

Last edited:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Oh no Deathoncredit :bonk: looks like Astrid,myself and every fan of New York Dolls on this forum will be searching every "goodwill" bin in Albuquerque

More 70s glam.......from Holland

CATAPULT........Had a few hits around Europe....didnt make it in the Uk

PANTHERMAN......Also from Holland....very obscure....cooool outfit:D

DOCTORS OF MADNESS .........Made 3 albums fronted by Richard Strange .Their influences were similar to early Ultravox!.....being Velvet Underground,Roxy music,Bowie etc......but given a "punk"edge to their music.Superb use of the electric violin.....sadly split up 1978

Last edited:

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Good thread LOU/REALM I love some of these bands, I saw Roy Wood recently and he did all the classics, Wizzard included. I did like the glam era some of the music is timelass and the bands were very talented.

Last edited:

Death on Credit

Reaction score
Oh no Deathoncredit :bonk: looks like Astrid,myself and every fan of New York Dolls on this forum will be searching every "goodwill" bin in Albuquerque :heheh:
Well, good luck with that, Lou.

Meanwhile, some other NY Dolls fan is going to go into the Goodwill located on Venice and Robertson in western Los Angeles, and find a very special jacket. :grinthumb

joe

Reaction score
LOU, well done sir:grinthumb. I'm not sure if I'm jumping the gun in offering my appeciation in your extensive endeavor of the glam rock genre. I realise how much time and research goes into these threads. Again, a fantastic job. Many thanx.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
It is a shame about that blazer Deathoncredit.....we all have a wardrobe clearout now and again, were all human....and some of the vinyl Ive let go and regretted is shocking
Cheers Joe :cheers2 ....yes Ive reached Z..and run out of bands.......I could go on a tangent with the punk/glam USA crossover.....bands like HEARTBREAKERS,THE DEAD BOYS etc.......but maybe thats another thread.

One band left to mention....

THE CUDDLY TOYS From Ireland.....the band were previously named RAPED whose "punk" single "escalator hater"is still regarded as a unsung classic.In 1979 they changed their name to THE CUDDLY TOYS and were rewarded with a record deal......in Japan. Visually the group now looked like early glam JAPAN with coloured hair and make up.
THE CUDDLY TOYS album wasnt released till 1980 in the uk. The single chosen from it was VERY inspired [ a unreleased song written by Bowie and Bolan !!!!! ] The song was "madman" [Bolan had sadly died by then]
They made a second album and faded into obscurity......70s glam was ending.....80s glam metal was just around the corner... youve got to thank the great Motley Crue for that !!!!

.......now one of these pictures isnt a picture of the band :heheh:

Last edited:

Cinder

Reaction score
Lol at "Cuddly Toys" never heard of them. I agree it must have taken you hours to do re searching etc.

Sorry I didnt know more of the bands:rr:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
:cheers2 Superb footage of Bolan and Elton....sounds great!....not seen it before
Hope you enjoy this thread O.F.B !

Cinder

Reaction score
Nice clip OFB, its great what you can pick up on the net. I didnt know that Bolan had done this with Elton John and I believe thats a rather young looking Ringo on the drums. Yes Elton wore some nicely cut suits and still does at times.

Ive taken another look at Madman Lou and to say how pretty the boys look you wouldnt expect such a voice to come out of the lead singers lips.

Talking about lips, some bad lip syncing towards the end of the vid :D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online