Loudest Show You've Ever Attended

squeedle53

Chunkadelic!
Reaction score
Hi, Masherbrun

I saw Floyd in '95 at Quallcom Stadium i San Diego. My seats were right in front and up against the sound and lighting tower. Between songs you could hear the people in the cheap seats yelling. "turn it up! - turn it up!" From my vantage point it was never too loud, just sonically pristine. Best show of the 20th century, imo.

Masherbrum

Riding the Steel Breeze
Reaction score
Hi, Masherbrun

I saw Floyd in '95 at Quallcom Stadium i San Diego. My seats were right in front and up against the sound and lighting tower. Between songs you could hear the people in the cheap seats yelling. "turn it up! - turn it up!" From my vantage point it was never too loud, just sonically pristine. Best show of the 20th century, imo.
The Pontiac Silverdome is enclosed, hence being louder. Those were my favorite shows of all-time until seeing David Gilmour in Toronto last April. Now the DB tours are 2nd.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Easily Poison back in 2000 or so, but it wasn't in a good way. CC Deville's guitar was turned up way too loud and drowned out the rest of the band. The noise was ear-splitting and drove probably 20-25% of the people watching them right out of the venue. Whoever was doing the sound levels for that show was a bonafide idiot.

joe

Reaction score
Ozzy's Blizzard of Oz tour with Motorhead(Ace of Spades). The old arena had terrible acoustics and has since been torn down and replaced.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
When I went and saw Alice Cooper the opening band Cinder Road had their instruments cranked up WAAAY too loud.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Two of these tours!

Taste_Of_Chaos-Sacramento.jpg

The first with:

Taste_Of_Chaos-Sacramento-Back.jpg

The second with:

event_43034.jpg

The first should have been louder but it was the second that left me with a staticy effect in my ears for about 20 minutes or so! :tongue:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online