Lost Thin Lizzy Tapes To Be Released

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
LINK: Classic Rock

Lost Lizzy Tapes To Be Released

There will be a new Thin Lizzy box set this year – and it will feature never before heard songs.

Apparently, just before he died in 1986, Phil Lynott gave 150 tapes to someone for safekeeping. These have surfaced and been acquired by Universal Music; some of the recordings will be released in the new box set.

Fans can expect to hear outtakes, previously unheard versions of Lizzy songs, plus material the band recorded but never previously available. This covers the period from 1971 to 1981.

The full details of what will be included has yet to be revealed. However, it is being done with the direct involvement of guitarist Scott Gorham and drummer Brian Downey.

Tomorrow (January 4) marks the 26th anniversary of Lynott’s death. It will be marked by the annual Vibe For Philo gig at the Button Factory in Dublin.

Find out more at Thin Lizzy - The Official Website

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I would be interested in any "new material" they find that is up to Thin Lizzy's standards...but demos and rough worked versions of songs they have already released I am not interested in that much.

But for Phil and the bands legacy it is cool they are releasing this lost set.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Will be interested in hearing the new songs that have not been released as you say LG but not demos, I bet they release a mixed bag so that you have to buy it to get the unreleased stuff:(

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online