Lemmy tells fans NOT to buy the new Motorhead boxset

coltrane2

Musicologist
Reaction score
The most annoying point about this whole situation is that WE (my friends) are the demographic that such products are aimed at.

There's probably some marketing guy in a Columbia/ Universal (or whoever) office space right now, working out that the age range 40 - 60, who perhaps have a bit put aside for a rainy day after 25 + years of hard work or have managed to cement a reasonable career forged on a skill set or expertise that might JUST see them through the economic gloom are ripe for a three foot crossed shape boxed set, containing miniatures of all Ozzy era Sabbath albums, replete with fake headless bat, for $300 +.

Clearly the shit that has smacked the fan (i.e. three quarters of the industry dying because of a complete ignorance of market conditions and the internet) has taught these record company people nothing, since they continue to be about as far removed from reality as a blind hedgehog in a sack.

Best thing we can do is blow the dust off our still perfectly functioning copies of No Sleep 'Til Hammersmith and promptly ignore the whole reprehensible approach. Hell, Lemmy agrees and I raise my glass to him.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
$600 :omg:

and the industry wonders why people are download pirates. Seems to me the record labels can rip off the public and do it legally.....

Let the buyer beware!!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Clearly the shit that has smacked the fan (i.e. three quarters of the industry dying because of a complete ignorance of market conditions and the internet) has taught these record company people nothing, since they continue to be about as far removed from reality as a blind hedgehog in a sack.

I am tempted to use that for a sig Coltrane...:oyea:

opera races

Reaction score
Good show, Lemmy! :clap:

I've gotten the impression that Lemmy is a tell it like it is sort which came in handy for this situation!

I've learned to be very suspicious of packages like this. So obvious it's just the record company trying to make a money grab and out of the hands of the actual band/musicians. Besides with $600 is absolutely ridiculous ... even if I had that kind of disposable income!

Time to do find a copy of No Sleep Til Hammersmith. I don't have that one ...

coltrane2

Musicologist
Reaction score
Good show, Lemmy! :clap:

I've gotten the impression that Lemmy is a tell it like it is sort which came in handy for this situation!

I've learned to be very suspicious of packages like this. So obvious it's just the record company trying to make a money grab and out of the hands of the actual band/musicians. Besides with $600 is absolutely ridiculous ... even if I had that kind of disposable income!

Time to do find a copy of No Sleep Til Hammersmith. I don't have that one ...

That LP is the business my friend, even if everything does pale in comparison to Ace of Spades. Play it loud and it'll rip you a new backside!

Iggy

Coal mining ruffian
Reaction score
Tbh, the quality of this 'snaggletooth' looks really naff. :wtf:

MotorheadBoxSet.jpg

You can get better quality belt buckles for a few quid/bucks.

256px-Motorhead_Snaggletooth_Belt_Buckle.jpg

Khor1255

Reaction score
That's a great live album. Hat's off to Lemmy for keeping it real.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
That LP is the business my friend, even if everything does pale in comparison to Ace of Spades. Play it loud and it'll rip you a new backside!

:oyea:Well said, it is a blatant rip off, when columbia released a box set of early springsteen albums it came in a square box and retailed at around £13 which is the right sort of price:)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Members online