Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, The Who, or The Rolling Stones?

well?

• Total voters
G

gabypc7

but what i mean is that pink floyd did the most ambitious, experimental and creative music ever, like any band in rock!!! , but I`m not saying that led zeppelin, the beatles, the rolling stones or the who are a bad bands it`s just what pink floyd did was so different and radical like masterpieces: the piper at gates of dawn ( with syd barrett a totally genius), atom heart mother, meddle, dark side of the moon, wish you were here, the wall!!! sorry but i still can`t get how a band make a 23 minutes song and not even a single minute lost the consistency of th song!!!! echoes is just out of this world, shine on..

whobeatle

classic rock fan
Reaction score
Such a simple question, such a difficult answer.

If one narrows the question, who rocks out the best, or who had the best singer(s)
or Which group made the most great albums, or who had the best lyrics, or biggest impact on music or society,played the best R&B you can get all kinds of different answers

But, if we were to say as I said to myself just now.. Which of these bands could do the most different things hands down its the Beatles not even close

If you say which band could play the best R&B then maybe you say the WHO
Which of these bands played the best hard rock, well you could say Led Zeppelin
Which of these bands was the most psychadelic, you could say Pink Floyd..

But as to which band could do the most things,, run the gamut, run the table, unquestionably the Beatles,

the most hits, the ability to do the most different types of music, the most prolific,
the two best singers.. maybe Daltrey or Plant could possibly be considered better singers than Lennon or McCartney, but not both of them. The Beatles did East Indian
music, Psychadelic music, hard rock, ballads, AM radio staples, granny music, You could say Page is a much better guitarist than anyone in the Beatles, but the Beatles had three guitarists. they could do more things than anyone in history period, hands down
not even close.

Now you could say, well I prefer FLoyd they are deeper, better for me. or I like the Stones they really do R&B for real... but those are different sorts of questions.

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score
Beatles_Logo.gif

runningshoes

Great White North
Reaction score
I think if History were forced to choose one band to remember over all others, not just these, and forget the rest, History would choose The Beatles.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JessKellow

Members online