Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, The Who, or The Rolling Stones?

well?

• Total voters

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
Well even though they do not reach The Beatles sociological and cultural impact, I voted for the band I liked more... The one comprised of two London studio pros and a couple from The Midlands managed by this big 'ole former pro wrestler.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Well even though they do not reach The Beatles sociological and cultural impact, I voted for the band I liked more... The one comprised of two London studio pros and a couple from The Midlands managed by this big 'ole former pro wrestler.

I always got a kick out of Count Bruno Alassio of Milan. What a name. :heheh:

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Aaah...I was trying to remember that name WITHOUT resorting to Google. Great memory on your part.

I've read several bios. The last one I read had lengthy chapters about G. It almost became too much. :bonk:

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
I've read several bios. The last one I read had lengthy chapters about G. It almost became too much. :bonk:
I just started trawling through Wall's book. Having read other bios, I knew their progression yet it is always to see it through different perspectives and pick up new stories along the way. Grant just like Epstein was an influential figure in the music industry by making sure his charges took home most of the money. He did by doing all the bookings and taking the risks. Both are not really well known for that except by well read fans.

Page was once quoted in their 70's heydey that if The Beatles ever reformed that "all other bands would be forgotten" even his mighty group. That was how much of a shadow The Fab Four cast. Odd thing is that Plant and McCartney are good friends along with Bonham and Harrison having the same type of relationship.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I agree Peter Grant was a business savvy man but I don't think he's completely innocent. He strong armed his way through a lot of things and the LZ crew was a pretty intimidating bunch back in the day and used brute force at times to get their way. Just adds to the rock and roll lifestyle image IMO, which isn't bad. :D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FernandoRu

Staff online