Led Zeppelin (Official Thread)

gorgon

Reaction score
No band will ever be as cool as Zep. Now that that's out of the way.. When I was in kindergarten, my classmate Todd Baker (who I know to this day) would often bring his brothers Kiss Destroyer album for show and tell. We would all beg Mrs. Anderson to play it on the old turntable in the corner. She blew us off the first few times, but the last time she finally gave it a spin. Seeing the look on her face after maybe 30 seconds of spinning it and watching her scold Todd to never bring it to school again told me right then and there that Kiss were really, really cool. As for AC/DC, these were working class guys banging out loud, gritty, in your face Rock n Roll. I don't see them trying to be cool, I see cool ooze from their pores.

Hail Led Zeppelin.:bow:

2LITTLETIME

Reaction score

I was playing several trax from Led Zeppelin remasters.I cranked up stairway on the old speakers and i could hear banging and shouting from downstairs.I had to turn the bugger down.:mad

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
KISS flick...

No band will ever be as cool as Zep. Now that that's out of the way.. When I was in kindergarten, my classmate Todd Baker (who I know to this day) would often bring his brothers Kiss Destroyer album for show and tell. We would all beg Mrs. Anderson to play it on the old turntable in the corner. She blew us off the first few times, but the last time she finally gave it a spin. Seeing the look on her face after maybe 30 seconds of spinning it and watching her scold Todd to never bring it to school again told me right then and there that Kiss were really, really cool. As for AC/DC, these were working class guys banging out loud, gritty, in your face Rock n Roll. I don't see them trying to be cool, I see cool ooze from their pores.

Hail Led Zeppelin.:bow:
Watch the flick "Detroit Rock City" and that will tell you how much fun KISS was to get the old folks worked up back then.

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
Page - Fashion...

Jimmy Page turns male model for John Varvatos

Joining Paul Weller, Iggy Pop and Slash, Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page is the latest musician-turned-model to star in a John Varvatos menswear campaign.

BY Belinda White | 22 January 2013

johnv-mainpic_2458873a.jpg
Gary Clark Jr. and Jimmy Page modelling for John Varvatos' spring/summer 2013 campaign.
Photo: John Varvatos

When musically-minded US menswear designer John Varvatos was casting around for a new front man to star in his latest campaign (previous ads have featured the likes of Paul Weller, Alice Cooper, Iggy Pop and Slash), after a brief consultation with his little black book, it was his "great friend", British music legend and Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page who got the call-up.

Page is pictured posing next to 28-year-old emerging Texan guitar talent Gary Clark Jr. in a series of portraits entitled 'The Master & The Young Guitar Slinger' which reveal the ponytailed rocker to be quite the brooding muse, doing great justice to Varvatos's particular brand of urban tailoring.

Shot at South London's historic Rivoli Ballroom - itself the setting for many a music legend down the years from Tina Turner to Kings of Leon - by acclaimed music photographer and documentary filmmaker, Danny Clinch, the black and white images are accompanied by a short filmof Clark Jr. playing guitar and singing at the ballroom interspersed with shots of Page cruising the South London streets in the back of a black cab.

eyewear_2458915a.jpg

Jimmy Page and Gary Clark Jr. in John Varvatos' eyewear campaign

"Jimmy Page has been a music and fashion icon of mine since 1970. He has been a major influence and I am honored to call Jimmy a friend," says Varvatos.

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
Plant and Primal Scream...

RobertPlant-102809.jpg

Primal Scream Reveal More Details About Robert Plant Collaboration

2/7/2013 11:05 AM ET

More details have surfaced about Robert Plant's forthcoming collaboration with Primal Scream. The news came via band member Andrew Innes, who told the Daily Mail that they first connected in a chance encounter at the post office.

"Robert has a house near our studio. It is bizarre. We see him in the post office all the time. We were in the post office when he asked us what we were up to and Bobby told him we were working on the new record," Innes explained.

"He made the mistake of asking if we needed any help, so we got back to him and asked him to come and help us out. We also meet him from time to time in the nearby Russian tea room and walking down the street. It is weird to think, 'Here's the hammer of the gods coming'. But you don't want to be at the back of the post office queue with Robert Plant on pension day."

by RTT Staff Writer

Fever

Reaction score
I saw Celebration Day the other night at the local IMAX theater-it was great

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Staff online