Led Zeppelin "Five"

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
TS, your small quibbles have merit...you were being realistic. I'm not going in with rose colored glasses either. Plant did keep those ad-lib scat singing that annoys me to a bare minimum.

cd-ad.png

I don't think the same occurrence will happen like it did with Queen. Led-Zeppelin as a band isn't active anymore nor do I see them doing anything ever again. Maybe it will spur an uptick in their catalogue again...

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
So, is this thing going to be released on DVD/Blu-Ray as well as in the theater? When I saw the annoucement, all I saw was "in theaters this fall" or whatever the tag line was, and I thought... You have GOT to be kidding me? Theaters!? Blargh :banghead:

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
So, is this thing going to be released on DVD/Blu-Ray as well as in the theater? When I saw the annoucement, all I saw was "in theaters this fall" or whatever the tag line was, and I thought... You have GOT to be kidding me? Theaters!? Blargh :banghead:
I believe it is just a one time showing worldwide on 10/17 and that's it. I was at the premier of their "DVD" years back. There were no subsequent screenings afterwards.

runtfan

Reaction score
Fantastic clip, looks like a total must see, though I was right, 'Percy' lost the top range in his voice entirely, you will notice he never even attempts anything over what used to be the middle range in his voice, and often sings a full octave down, but it comes with ageing, it's certainly not a criticism, Plant was one of the great rock singers, and his voice still has a real quality about it, only the unique/remarkable Geddy Lee seems impervious to the natural vocal ageing process. That's a very cool trailer.

Agree concerning Plant, although that's nothing new - he was taking shortcuts at least as early as 1973 ( as evidenced in the Song Remains The Same movie and album). Totally disagree concerning Geddy Lee though. He also hasn't been singing the way he did in the 70's for a long time now. His voice is better than ever but the shrieking of the mid-70's has been over for a long time now.

runtfan

Reaction score
Is it my imagination, or is Rob Ryan of the Cowboys even fatter and uglier than his brother Rex of the Jets? :)

Actually no, but it's close (spoken like a true Redskins fan)

No it's not your imagination - apparently you haven't seen Rex recently. He's lost a LOT of weight. This years Rob might even be fatter than last years Rob but Rex is looking relatively svelte these days.

zeppelin rocker

Ready to rock!
Reaction score
TS, your small quibbles have merit...you were being realistic. I'm not going in with rose colored glasses either. Plant did keep those ad-lib scat singing that annoys me to a bare minimum.

cd-ad.png

I don't think the same occurrence will happen like it did with Queen. Led-Zeppelin as a band isn't active anymore nor do I see them doing anything ever again. Maybe it will spur an uptick in their catalogue again...

Looks great..! :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I can't wait to get this DVD or Blu Ray.....going to be a GREAT addition to my collection for sure!!! :cheers2

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
Condensed version of the release formats:

Full format details
• 2CD Music Only Edition (CD digipak)
• 2CD + 1 DVD (two versions: CD size digipak or DVD size digipak)
• 2CD + 1 Blu-Ray (two versions: CD size digipak or Blu-ray size digipak)
• Deluxe Edition 2CD + 2 DVD (CD sized digipak – Bonus DVD features bonus material, including footage of the full dress rehearsal at Shepperton Studios)
• Deluxe Edition 2CD + 1 Blu-Ray + 1 DVD (CD sized digipak – Bonus DVD features bonus material, including footage of the full dress rehearsal at Shepperton Studios)
•Blu-ray Audio release featuring high-resolution 48K 24 bit PCM stereo and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround sound audio only (no video content)
• 3LP 180g Vinyl (December 10th Release Date)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Members online

No members online now.