Kurt Cobain's Isolated Vocals

zephead

Scream for CREAM!
Reaction score
Not that bad actually. No doubt the sounds a lot better with music on. The haunting part was the breaks in the middle. Those little breaks between vocals felt like years...

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Pretty good Kurt, I always liked his voice, though he was a genuinely awful guitarist...check out from 1 minute 10 seconds, and I'm afraid it's all downhill from there...

...though to be fair to the great man, this was 1992, and so we are probably hearing 90% heroin, and only 10% guitar technique.

zephead

Scream for CREAM!
Reaction score
^ Famous Reading '92 video. Still sounds awesome despite Cobain messing up the guitar. It is quite likely that Dave will be headlining the festival this year (with FF) after 20 years. The lineups are announced tomorrow (I think).

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Pretty good Kurt, I always liked his voice, though he was a genuinely awful guitarist...check out from 1 minute 10 seconds, and I'm afraid it's all downhill from there...

...though to be fair to the great man, this was 1992, and so we are probably hearing 90% heroin, and only 10% guitar technique.

I'm pretty sure by this point the band was pretty sick of the song and intentionally messed it up live so that people wouldn't want them to play it anymore.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
You're right Harm. Kurt hated anything too commercial and the song really took on a life of its own, and a lot of artists who had a song that came to define them seemed to eventually come to resent it. Kurt resented that song like Robert Plant resented Stairway to Heaven. Both songs are entirely overplayed. I usually change the channel when they come on the radio (which is like... everyday/hour somewhere).

Wonder if Freddie Mercury hated Bohemian Rhapsody too? :think:

Last edited:

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
My favorite is where they were on Top of the Pops and Kurt sings "load up on drugs and kill your friends." Seriously that would have been such a more epic lyric than the original bahahaha.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure by this point the band was pretty sick of the song and intentionally messed it up live so that people wouldn't want them to play it anymore.

Oh right. Trouble is they would probably start a riot of they didn't play it? It was after all their signature tune, and without it would 'Nevermind' have taken off, and so would their whole career would have been different? I think so. Let's face it, it was the only Nirvana song that was ever stamped onto the wider public consciousness. I never actually get sick of hearing 'Teen Spirit', some songs are born to eternal greatness. There have been some ace cover versions of it actually, some of them hilarious like the Muppets one, the great Paul Anka was about the coolest IMO...

Last edited:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
You're right Harm. Kurt hated anything too commercial and the song really took on a life of its own, and a lot of artists who had a song that came to define them seemed to eventually come to resent it. Kurt resented that song like Robert Plant resented Stairway to Heaven. Both songs are entirely overplayed. I usually change the channel when they come on the radio (which is like... everyday/hour somewhere).

Wonder if Freddie Mercury hated Bohemian Rhapsody too? :think:

Interesting thought...though can't really see it.

He seemed like the type that really dug his work and the more overplayed it was the more he would love it.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cucukakek89apk

Members online