Kurt Cobain

TheEvilErk2008

Hail the 80s!
Reaction score
outside my mind, in a little town called crazy
I listen to their music...thats really my only point. I dont know what your saying about dwelling, i really am just saying i wouldnt want to see the documentary because it wouldnt go to indepth in the music but rather the life of Cobain, who i dont care about...

Drummer Chris

Reaction score
It's a sad thing that Kurt died so young; there could have been foul play easily but unfortunately; it all seems over and done with now.I never saw the movie with the foul play ideas but I realize that maybe it would be interesting.
If Courtney did have it done the guilt must be tremendous; we also know that Kurt was struggling on and off with his drug addictions..so that may have caused it as well.
Though the neatness of the needles and other stuff nearby seems planted....I'm suprised it wasn't treated like a murder case.

DarkWishWall

Reaction score
England - The birth of great music! Specifically B
You know, I had a Nirvana argument like this once, on www.crf2.com (I was Blondeonthetracks - it was I!). I acted like an asshole (Much more of an asshole than I am) and eventually got myself banned. That is why, despite my intense dissaproval of what an absolutely effete and cretinous moron thinks, I will refuse to participate. I only wanted to comment because I read the debate and EvilErk, you made me laugh out loud several times. Especially when you said that you were a Nirvana fan because you 'listen to them on the way to school' and that you didn't believe Cobain was a 'genious'. Surely the Twenty First century has discovered it's David St Hubbins! I REALLY hope your band makes it, and look forward to seeing you on the front page on The Sun soon. You know, I'm not patronising you because of your age, because I'm only a couple of years older than you, but it's kids like you that give adolescents a bad name. (Moderators - sorry if that was too personal but some of the things he said were personally insulting to me, don't ban me!)

GNR Slash

Biggest Led Zeppelin Fan!
Reaction score
i dont think he killed himself i think courtney hired someone.... it sucks that he died he was a great vocalist but no a very good guitarist

Drummer Chris

Reaction score
A lot of people are anti-Courtney but as messed-up as she has been , everyone has to remember that Kurt was playing with fire....namely drugs and drug addiction.
As much as everyone tries to lighten up addictions and vices, they come with heavy prices, sometimes too heavy...
I have a friend who depends on booze and pot to get himself through every day, he hasn't worked for many years and it's just plain sad...he's only 37 yrs old; it's a real downer to deal with him and he won't listen to reason....so I really don't know what the next step is unless his family will make a move to get him into treatment.
Dealing with active addicts who don't listen can be very draining...

Big Generator

Reaction score
Drummer Chris said:
A lot of people are anti-Courtney but as messed-up as she has been , everyone has to remember that Kurt was playing with fire....namely drugs and drug addiction.
As much as everyone tries to lighten up addictions and vices, they come with heavy prices, sometimes too heavy...
I have a friend who depends on booze and pot to get himself through every day, he hasn't worked for many years and it's just plain sad...he's only 37 yrs old; it's a real downer to deal with him and he won't listen to reason....so I really don't know what the next step is unless his family will make a move to get him into treatment.
Dealing with active addicts who don't listen can be very draining...

Yes DC...it's like pouring energy into a void. The next step is to withdraw from him - it sounds harsh - but there's absolutely nothing you can do - except be there for him after he gets into enough pain and seeks help.

Drummer Chris

Reaction score
Big Generator said:
Yes DC...it's like pouring energy into a void. The next step is to withdraw from him - it sounds harsh - but there's absolutely nothing you can do - except be there for him after he gets into enough pain and seeks help.
He phoned me about 6 times yesterday, I didn't answer one call because the co-dependence is just unbelievable....plus he's a total idiot when he's drinking and high, which is the main goal for the day anyways.
I think you have some good advice here, BG....I'm not going to support his behaviour in the least anymore.

Big Generator

Reaction score
Drummer Chris said:
He phoned me about 6 times yesterday, I didn't answer one call because the co-dependence is just unbelievable....plus he's a total idiot when he's drinking and high, which is the main goal for the day anyways.
I think you have some good advice here, BG....I'm not going to support his behaviour in the least anymore.

Honestly DC...it's a tough situation....but he'll suck you dry and his illness will get worse and worse the more people indulge it or try to 'reason' with him or give him attention while he's still using. It sounds like he wants help on some level - but is looking in the wrong places to find it.

I used to be an active addict myself - and I was only able to change when it got so horrendously bad...and when the people around me ran out of patience...and the sheer isolation at the end was a big factor in me changing my life. Now many of those ruined relationships have been healed - but the best thing anyone could do for me back then was to say 'enough is enough, you're on your own now'.

Drummer Chris

Reaction score
Yeah, that's good you came out of it, BG....Im sure you feel a lot better overall.
For me, I just cannot take active addicts anymore....my brother was one back in the past and I worked with one in business closely a few yrs ago(both are now sober-Thank Christ).
I am just done with these kind of behaviors....it is just too draining and I don't have the time nor patience anymore.

Big Generator

Reaction score
Yes...by about a million times!

Sounds like you've been surrounded by it too much already - good to hear that your brother and colleague made it.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online