Krokus - Headhunter (1983)

Metal Head Mike

Reaction score
Headhunter_cover.jpg

Krokus - Headhunter - 1983

Track listing

"Headhunter" (Butch Stone; Chris Von Rohr; Fernando Von Arb; Marc Storace) – 4:30
"Eat the Rich" (Fernando Von Arb; Marc Storace; Chris Von Rohr; Butch Stone) – 4:14
"Screaming in the Night" (Fernando Von Arb; Marc Storace; Chris Von Rohr; Butch Stone; M. Kohler) – 6:38
"Ready to Burn" (Butch Stone; Chris Von Rohr; Fernando Von Arb; Marc Storace; Von Chris Rohr) – 3:54
"Night Wolf" (Butch Stone; Chris Von Rohr; Fernando Von Arb; Marc Storace) – 4:10 (written for the animated motion picture Metal Hollywood)
"Stayed Awake All Night" (Randy Bachman) – 4:24
"Stand and be Counted" (Butch Stone; Chris Von Rohr; Fernando Von Arb; Marc Storace) – 4:07
"White Din" (Chris Von Rohr; Fernando Von Arb) – 1:50
"Russian Winter" (Butch Stone; Chris Von Rohr; Fernando Von Arb; Marc Storace) – 3:31

Personal
Marc Storace - vocals
Fernando Von Arb - lead guitar
Chris Von Rohr - bass & percussion
Steve Pace - drums
Mark Kohler - rhythm guitar

Rating 9 Out Of 10

Here's My Review Of Krokus's Headhunter

This album takes me back to my youth. Sneaking in my brothers room and listening to his tape collection while he was gone.This was one of my first listens to the hard rock music. Still love this album to this day. Krokus started in the seventies as a almost progressive rock band on there first two albums. But shifted gears on 1979's Metal Rendez-Vous. Which was Marc Storace's debut album on Vocals. But to me Krokus hit there stride on this release.The music on this album just flows and is nicely well written. The title track Headhunter flat out rocks and a fitting way to start this collection of songs represented here on this release. There's a great mixture of tunes here. Great Rockers, Mid Tempo Rocking songs and one hell of a ballad in Screaming In The Night. This is one of there best releases IMO. This album also includes a great cover of Bachman Turner Overdrives Stayed Awake All Night. Very rarely does a cover of a song become better in my ears. This is one of them. Still listen to this as much as I can. It will always take me back to my youth and sneaking into my brothers room and discovering music that I love to this day. If you've never heard Krokus. This album may be a good starting point.

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
Re: Krokus - Headhunter - 1983

Nice write up MHM! The whole album is a high school favorite for me and brings back some great (and some not so great) memories...Screaming In the Night and Stayed Awake All Night in paticular. Thanks for the review! :cheers2

opera races

Reaction score
Re: Krokus - Headhunter - 1983

Nice review and I like this album! :tup:

I wasn't much for Krokus in the 80's but I happened to find a copy of Headhunter on vinyl for $1.00 about ten years ago. I didn't get around to listening to the album until a friend being curious about Stayed Awake All Night and I discovered I had it! I agree, it's a cool song in the first place and Krokus did a great cover of it.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JessKellow

Members online