Kreator (Official Thread)

Force 10

Reaction score
Re: Kreator

Right now it is, I feel it is more raw and brutal then there later stuff. There are some albums I haven't got into yet like terrible certainty.

Last edited:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

While it's maybe a bit rawer then some of their thrash stuff, other then Endless Pain, I don't personally see it as much more brutal then alot of their releases.
Terrible Certainty, Extreme Aggression ( Coma Souls is maybe not as BRUTAL as some of their stuff but it isn't watered down by any means ). The last two, Enemy of God and Hordes of Chaos, are pretty damn brutal ,IMO.
Even Violent Revolution, though maybe somewhat more melodic in places, is not as melodic as Bay Area Thrash is even.

If you are listening to Renewal ,Cause for Conflict and Endorama I could see you saying they lack brutality. But I mean it's thrash not Death Metal so the level of Brutal Thrash isn't gonna be the same as brutal death is...

I did just see you listening to Trixer didn't I :D

Not trying to give you shit ..it's cool whatever you're into, I'm not the music police, I'm just not getting that it isn't brutal enough for you. :dunno:

I am a bit bias maybe as they are one of my favorite bands ..but still...

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

I loved Pleasure To Kill, what other albums would you recommend man?? This is another thrash band I would love to get more into.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

I like to start at the beginning of a bands history. Endless Pain is a bit of a amateurish effort compared to the rest of their discography, and even though I personally love it for it's raw energy,it is not a real good example of their true talent. That being the case I say try Terrible Certainty next. If you like that one ,which I'm almost positive you will, and want to continue on, Extreme Aggression.

Check back with me afterward of course :D

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I gotta add the OFFICIAL Betrayer video. The first time I saw this back in the day I was :pullhair:

Force 10

Reaction score
Yeah, I have a wide range of tastes from Warrant to Sadus. Kreator matched raw brutality and melody very well in PTK and I havent found much else of kreator that matches it. There less raw, more melodic stuff sounds more of the same. Terrible certainty and hordes of chaos sound really good so far though.

b.o.b.

Reaction score
Besides Coma of Souls and Extreme Aggression which are my favorite Kreator albums, I am a big fan of Outcast (1997). It's different, more goth and industrial but with some very good mid-tempo dark songs.

1169_kreator_outcast.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
^^ Outcast is the only one I don't have on retail CD. Basically because I never could find it at any CD stores but I could probably order it off the web. Thanks for the reminder.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So far I love Terrible Certainty.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member