KISS (Official Thread)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Same as Rush, I've acquired a bunch of Kiss over the years due to great deals in Classic Rock catalogs! I ended up buying Sonic Boom before anything not knowing that the hits portion was the new band doing the songs so then I bought an official collection. Starting with Destroyer which is my favorite album thus far from them I started buying one everytime I'd find it in a bin. Like Rush I'm going through my collection as of last night starting chronologically. First here's the Kiss related that I own:

!!!!kiss1.jpgalbum-Kiss-Hotter-Than-Hell.jpg
KISS-Dressed-To-Kill.jpg

album-Kiss-Rock-and-Roll-Over.jpg
983.jpg
image.gif
41fVydXLEYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg414JZGA4EZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

So far I've given the first two albums a listen. I'd listen to the debut a couple times over before but tonight was the first listen for Hotter Than Hell. I'm not going to break down anything like I did with Rush. It's straight rock here and you either like it or you don't so I'll just post my favorite track of each album. One is an obvious favorite among fans so no surprises there.

Black Diamond & Going Blind

I actually started listening to Black Diamond on the tribute album first. I still love that cover but the original is awesome as well. Going Blind is a great surprising gem I never heard until tonight. Been replaying that one a lot. :cheers2

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Nice start there!!! You need Love Gun and Alive II before you complete the early offerings of greatness and take a break

Going Blind is an awesome tune going all the way back with Gene Simmons and Stephen Coronel, who was in Wicked Lester with Gene and Paul. That's a different band all together.

From Wiki here is what Gene had to say about the song: "Goin' Blind" dates back to 1970. At that point I was listening a lot to Cream and Mountain. "Goin' Blind" happens to be one of my favorite songs. Even something about the recording of it seemed to work for me, the compression on the drums.This surprisingly moody slab of heavy rock provided Hotter Than Hell with one of its most enduring high points."

It really is an awesome tune and a big one among fans. The guitar solo is chilling in that. After they played it for MTV's Unplugged, you could then see the band later,at times, doing electric versions and more unplugged/electric unplugged versions of it.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Nice start there!!! You need Love Gun and Alive II before you complete the early offerings of greatness and take a break

Going Blind is an awesome tune going all the way back with Gene Simmons and Stephen Coronel, who was in Wicked Lester with Gene and Paul. That's a different band all together.

From Wiki here is what Gene had to say about the song: "Goin' Blind" dates back to 1970. At that point I was listening a lot to Cream and Mountain. "Goin' Blind" happens to be one of my favorite songs. Even something about the recording of it seemed to work for me, the compression on the drums.This surprisingly moody slab of heavy rock provided Hotter Than Hell with one of its most enduring high points."

It really is an awesome tune and a big one among fans. The guitar solo is chilling in that. After they played it for MTV's Unplugged, you could then see the band later,at times, doing electric versions and more unplugged/electric unplugged versions of it.

Cool to hear! It's a more melodic one that stood out from the rest and hooked me! I think I'll be more of a song fan of this band then album but I may surprise myself! :)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Comin' Home was always one of my favourite melodic KISS tunes, also from Hotter Than Hell

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Today, July 12th would have been Eric Carr's 62nd birthday (born 1950)

280px-ILIL-Carr.jpg

Dude was a hell of a talent and from everything I've ever hear about him or read about him, he was loved by everyone around him. Just an all-out nice guy not a typical meat-head rock star with attitude. In my opinion, his drumming brought a much heavier sound to KISS.

I know that I certainly miss the guy and I'm sure I'm not the only KISS fan that does.

Here's his drum solo from the KISS Animalized concert VHS. I had 2nd row on this tour! :D

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Today, July 12th would have been Eric Carr's 62nd birthday (born 1950)

280px-ILIL-Carr.jpg

Dude was a hell of a talent and from everything I've ever hear about him or read about him, he was loved by everyone around him. Just an all-out nice guy not a typical meat-head rock star with attitude. In my opinion, his drumming brought a much heavier sound to KISS.

I know that I certainly miss the guy and I'm sure I'm not the only KISS fan that does.

Here's his drum solo from the KISS Animalized concert VHS. I had 2nd row on this tour! :D

Still a great drum solo and a terrible loss :uh:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OEITrinida

Staff online

Members online