"KISS is just as important as Aerosmith,Led Zeppelin"-Scott Ian

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
not really, abba have probaby sold more than kiss.

simmons has all but admitted that kiss are about money,they lost my respect after they ditched frehley and criss. i don't think i can name one song post original lineup. " heavens on fire" is about the only one.
more power to anyone who was a fan of the original lineup though, and can keep interested in. them after that. i can't think of another band who has lumped merchandise and novelty onto their fans to try squeeze out every last drop. maybe the beatles, and kiss are not the beatles.

^^^ ABBA is REALLY good!! :grinthumb

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
If it's any consolation to KISS fanatics,they ARE usually mentioned somewhere on most of those "100 Greatest Artists" lists.Usually in the sixties or seventies,but the last VH1 survey placed them a little higher at 56.I do tend to believe the KISS's potential good fortunes was certainly nixed somewhat by the tremendous myriad of sensational bands around during their heyday.Messrs. Chris,Freeley,Simmons and Stanley are top notch musicians and writers who really knew how to thrill its hard rock audiences.Ironically,underneath all this heavy metal exterior,my personal favorite has always been the poignant and I believe timeless classic known as "Beth".Kind of like their "Yesterday".

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online